Author Topic: Gyne or not? Anxious for replies!  (Read 2197 times)

Offline curious18yearold

Hey, so here's my condition.

I'm 18 years old, 5'8, and 145 pounds. I was suffering from anorexia a couple of years back and before that, let's say I was a chubby kid. But even during my eating disorder, which has gone away, my "flabby chest" never went away. Now I'm wondering if it really is gynecomastia or just flabby skin which I could hopefully get rid of by filling it with muscle if I started training my pecs.

Replies would be amazing, thank you in advance. There are a couple of photos

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very minimal if at all.  Obviously, only you can decide if it is troublesome.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline curious18yearold

Thanks doc! Very relieved. Would it help if I started working on the pecs, or would it just make them "pop out" more?

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Hey!

I too went through an eating disorder about between 15-20 years ago because of my chest. I am about the same size as you. I went down to 130 trying to get rid of them but nothing. I'm 40 now. But I have worked out at gyms most of my life. Personally I like to work out.

I'd say for you - don't work out - if your only intention is your chest. The reason is - you might not enjoy it - and you might train lopsided. Like your chest and arms- and neglect other parts of your body.

I have a photo diary in the diary thread, and a longer story with more pictures in the stories thread.

The thing is - your chest doesn't look bad. Have a look at my pictures and compare.

Personally - I think if you work out properly - you'd probably look really good. But YES - it will make your chest pop out.

You can see in my pictures that when I heal - my nipples will be on the underside of my pecs. Yours are more on top - and more pronounced. So - as the doctor said - it's up to you to decide how it makes you feel.

I'd hope you do work out and enjoy it, do it properly, and you'll look great.

Good luck.

Offline curious18yearold

Thanks McGilli. Great to get feedback. Yeah, my intention to work out would be to train the whole body, nut just the pecs. That's just a reason I haven't started actual gym training 'cause of the fear of developing an abnormally big chest compared to the rest of my body. I wouldn't want to bulk up, just to get lean and toned.  :)

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Yeah. When I am 150 - my chest actually was fine. Barely notice anything and I could wear tight compression tops and look good cuz there was just a little extra fat all round.

But if I'm not right at that weight - it doesn't look good.

Can't hurt to work out though and see how it goes.
Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024