Author Topic: what are the treatments available for Gynecomastia.  (Read 1555 times)

Offline gynofighter

Dear Sir,

My Medical History :

I am suffering from the gynecomastia. I am 24 years male. I am suffering from last 4 years. I had did lot of chest exercises such as push -ups, running, yoga etc. to reduce my chest fat but it didn't help me. Due to the chest exercise my chest has been developed more.
I had also referred to a well known Chest Physician and also referred to a Endocrinologist they were said me for a certain Hormone and thyroid tests such as hemoglobin, CORTISOL, TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL THYROSINE, TOTAL TRIODOTHYRONINE, TOTAL SIMULATIN HORMONE, FSH, LH, PROLACTINE, ESTRADIOL (E2) etc. I have also done my sonography test USG- BREASTS AND USG - SCROTUM. and I have also did my chest x-ray. The all aforesaid tests are normal. Endocrinologists suggested me for a Liposuction Surgery from plastic surgeon. Its embarrassing me because my chest size is continuous developing (Not Even Fat but the chest bones also).

I would like to know that, Is there any other treatment available for gynecomastia?
Is there any test like hormone test or other is left?
What should I do?
and How effective and safer treatment is Plastic surgery for Gynecomastia and what r the side effect of the surgery?
I would like to also know that after the treatment (i.e. Liposuction of fatty tissue and glandular tissue with incision near nipples.) what are the side effects in terms of my sexual life and healthy life?.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If all your tests are normal and your gynecomastia has been stable for a number of years, then your only safe method of removing it is with surgery.  Properly performed surgery is safe and effective and will not have any subsequent effects on your sex life or health in general.  And, assuming you do not take any anabolic steroids, the results are generally permanent.

Your next step would be a consultation with an experienced gyne surgeon.  He/she can discuss the pros and cons of surgery in depth with you.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024