Author Topic: 5 weeks post op  (Read 1249 times)

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I am 5 weeks post op after a lipo only revision. Originally I had excision only. While things look better the left side still seems to swell and almost retain fluid, especially after exercise. This causes the nipple to puff out, also when the nipple is puffed I can feel a long ridge of hard tissue which i can follow back to the incision for lipo. Is it normal to see more swelling around the "canal" from the lipo tool? I am also still somewhat sore to the touch. Does this sound normal?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not common to see retained fluid in the chest 5 weeks post op after an uncomplicated procedure, but ti's possible.  Swelling, on the other hand, is common, even at 5 weeks.  Massage may help this to settle down, and although it's painful, gentle massage can be effective.  Check with your surgeon.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
For liposuction I tell my patients as a general rule it takes 16 -24 weeks to get to the final results. It takes longer for secondary liposuction because scarring slows the maturation process.Sit tight for several months.Increased swelling following exercise would be typical.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Thanks for the help docs. Ill keep on massaging...and waiting ha.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024