Author Topic: Hey...! Gynecomastia?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member
Hey all. Joined the forum to get some opinions. Pretty tired of being told I just need to lift some weights or do some cardio, etc. as I am pretty sure I have gynecomastia and no one I talk to seems to understand the difference between gynecomastia and fat! What do you all think? I'm 19 & can't really remember when it started to be honest. I didn't really notice until my mother started making remarks, now I am very acutely aware all the time! I'm a pretty self conscious guy as it is so this is the last thing I need! :-\

Sorry for the crappy photos. Thanks for any advice you can impart.

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Not at all. Just normal, healthy chest tissue. Enjoy your normal body.

Offline xelnaga13

I looks like there may be a slight case of gyne. IMO not nearly enough to warrant worry or surgery.

Sorry to hear about your mother's remarks. Growing up the only boy in the family it seemed the only persons who's body was up for conversation and commentary was mine. Luckily most of the comments were positive, but I can still remember every negative one like it was yesterday. When I was older I would respond by reminding everyone that my body was not a conversation piece every time something came up.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
there's something there - can tell by the way your nipples protrude and point out. But - very minor. Hmmmmm....

I might be wrong - but to me it looks like you've never worked out before. When I look at your pictures - it's tough to say if working out would help. For many like yourself - working out makes them more pronounced.

However some people if they workout and their chest gets bigger, the nipples will kind of fall under the pec line, and then wearing a shirt, they will seem much smaller. I say that cuz your nipples look low - like they'd be along the very bottom of your pec. But I'm not talking about going to the gym for a few times, I'm talking about minimum 6 months - building muscle and definition.

But I understand you're tired of hearing that :)

Still, very minor. But - it could get worse.

Hope not, good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are slender and appear to have a minor amount of extra tissue as well as mild puffy nipples.  Not a severe case at all!

Losing weight isn't an option -- you are already slender.  Working out and building your pecs may improve your overall contour but the minor amount of puffy nipples will probably remain and perhaps be accentuated by the larger muscles.

You can try to minimize the contour problem by wearing a compression shirt.  Ultimately you will have to make a choice of living with it or considering surgery to remove any excess tissue and achieve a flat, contoured chest.  Only you can make that decision.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for your responses. I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:32:19 PM by El Fauno »

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
You look fine to me. Reading the posts in these forums sometimes I see that people suggest surgery too easily. My point is, the obsession with "perfection" is always unhealthy. I believe if your chest looks ok even if you have a little tissue or fat you should leave it. At the end of the day I would assume (unless you are all male models) there is other parts of your bodies that aren't perfect? So you resort to surgery to change everything? I think working with what you have is much smarter. As for your incredibly minor case I would suggest just a tight vest, not even a compression one. I just go for a size smaller than what I should be wearing (and I have actual manboobs) and I look fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024