Author Topic: is this gynecomastia  (Read 4186 times)

Offline isthistrue

• Posting Member
Hello, i am 16, thin and tall, but my nipples look strange to me. They have been like that for 2 years already. Is this gyne?

Thank you very much

PS : i used to be fat, but i played basketball and now i have 65 kg and 180 cm

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:37:35 PM by isthistrue »

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It appears to be a mild case of gynecomastia.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline isthistrue

• Posting Member
Will it go away if i put some muscles? I started this year doing exercises and it s already better

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's possible that your condition will improve on its own--Typically, if gynecomastia is going to resolve, it will do so by 3 years.  If it's not resolved at that point, and it still bothers you, surgery might be necessary to correct the problem.  Building your chest may make it less obvious, but it's not guaranteed.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline isthistrue

• Posting Member
My parents are doctors and they keep saying that it's normal for a person who used to be fat and got slim really fast.  They say that gynaecomastia should have something hard under the nippels or that the nipples should be sensitive. I am confused, cuz i don't have those symptoms.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Gynecomastia appears with many different presentations.  Sometimes there is a palpable lump under the nipple, but sometimes it's soft and feels fatty, but still causes the nipple to appear puffy.  I find that most other physicians know very little about gynecomastia, and few have seen as many of them as the surgeons on this forum.

RS

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You definitely have extra tissue beneath the nipples (on an otherwise slender body). And since you have had this for two years, it will probably stay as it is.

Sorry, I disagree with your parents, even though they are physicians.  One does not need to feel suspicious tissue -- the diagnosis is made by observation and then confirmed by feeling.

Your options are to watch and wait (and perhaps wear a compression shirt for better contour) or perhaps, sometime in the future, consult an experienced gyne surgeon for an opinion.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline isthistrue

• Posting Member
So there is no other choice. Not even if I put some muscles?  I don't think I ll do a surgical intervention since I see there are people on this forum with bigger problems than mine.  Thanks for the answers, I guess my parents were just liying to me.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I can't speak to your parents' motives, but I would imagine that they honestly don't think you have gynecomastia, since you don't have hard lumps. They just may not have the experience with gynecomastia that other docs do.  But I agree with the other surgeons on this forum.  You appear to have a mild case, but it's up to you to decide whether you want it treated or not.  Sure, you don't look as bad as many of the men on this forum, but if it bothers you, something can be done about it. 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024