Author Topic: Gyno from AAS use...  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

[[I moved this from a previous thread, as this one seems more appropriate for this topic]]

I would like to introduce myself to the community on this board. I've come to this site with a clear determination to educate myself with as much information that is available about what has happened to my body.

Here is my story:

28, M, 184lbs, 14%bf, train hard 4-5 days a week, eat clean. Decided to use AAS (Anabolic Steroids) and was taking Testosterone C @ 420mg per week for 5 weeks (Was supposed to take it for 15 weeks). I stopped due to sensitive/ puffy nipples. Was taking an AI to keep E in control but to no avail. I'm currently in the 3rd week of my PCT (Post Cycle Therapy). This consists of Tamoxifen @ 20mg everyday and Clomid @ 50mg everyday. I noticed that my chest was fuller than I had ever seen it and my nipples were remaining puffy (I later learned why). I made an appointment with an Endocrinologist because I knew something wasn't right, I could swear that I was feeling things forming in my chest, and she confirmed what I dreaded hearing, breast tissue had formed behind my nipples. Luckily, my gyno is no more than 5-6 weeks old so my Endo and I are planning on finishing my PCT meds and if things don't clear up within 2 weeks after those meds (or noticeable changes occur)we will try a more aggressive approaches to combating this.

I've made up my mind that I will research as much as possible and give myself one year before I declare the gyno irreversible. At that point I will search for a plastic surgeon and shell out the $8k.

I've read articles upon articles of Tamoxifen and Raloxifen being used to treat Gyno with success. Has anyone done this or can shed some light on what has happened? I feel like an outsider in the community, a man who must hide behind thick shirts to avoid eye contact with my chest. I've never been more self-conscious in my life and I'm just glad there is a place I can come to where people have the same issue.

Any input or advice is much appreciated.
Again, thank you for reading my post.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I hear ya K-I-M. We all make mistakes. I've had gyne for most of my life. Kept it hidden by working out, morphing my posture and wearing certain clothes. I think I made it worse from partying. I drank beer and smoked herb for many years. That's kinda the way I helped give it to my self.

I have a old wrestling friend who was in the best shape. Had so much talent. We use to party and we'd talk about gyne and how jacked it was. I forgot what he and his teammates were taking to reverse the estrogen effects from the cycles they were doing. I think it was called gynecore. Anyway, I saw him a few years back and he was wearing a big button up. He told me "remember that stuff I was taking? It jacked me up". Then he showed me his chest. Man it was worse than mine. One side droopy and the other just looked whacked out. I felt so bad for him "since I've had it".

He wishes now he just used what God gave him and kicked ass. He never really needed it. He just wanted to take it.

I went camping last week and my old buddy gave me a quarter of herb. I was reading Dr. Jacobs website for Q and A. Weed, heroin and AS cause gyne. It was so hard but I dumped it in the toilet and flushed it. Its just not worth it to me anymore.

You'll be fine brotha once you get this worked out. Like an old pitcher once said "walk where you won't fall".

Good luck

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
Jay-

Thank you for replying to my post. It sounds like you've come up with some positive solutions to your gyne problem. Have you tried medications to help alleviate the gyne (Tamoxifen or Raloxifene)? I've read numerous articles stating that this medications can help.

Thank you for sharing your story with me and your line of encouragement.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:02:29 PM by Keep_It_Moving »

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I actually had early onset gyne from 13/14 of age. It's too late for me to reverse it without surgery. I know if you catch it right away there is a chance you can minimize it.

Best of luck to you. I know how traumatic this is for a person who loves to train.

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
Jay-

I just can't believe how conscious I am of it now.

I'm praying that the medications can help minimize it. If not, surgery is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:01:47 PM by Keep_It_Moving »

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Idk. That sounds like homo tendencies.haha. Jk. I've been into weights all my life. My father was into Franco Columbu and Arnold.

The chest is the cornerstone of a body builder. Yeah, everything has to be proportioned but the chest is like a lighthouse saying " look at my genetics".

My girl was telling me after I had surgery that more than half the guys at her work she noticed has gyne. Never paid attention to it before the surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024