Author Topic: 13 day post op question (can post pics if needed)  (Read 2056 times)

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
I recently had surgery for a minor case of puffy nipples, and everything went great, the worst part was the local anesthesia. 6 days post op when I returned to my doctor for a checkup everything looked amazing, at only 6 days it looked close to what it should have (in my opinion) looked like in 6 months besides some minor bruising. However, at about day 9 to day 11 my nipples started to become puffy again, my right one has the same look to it (not as bad) as before surgery, with the areola being puffy and then a band of puffiness expanding in a slanted fashion in both directions (just like before surgery). I know healing takes a long time, but is it normal for it to look so good at day 6 and then start to look worse as the days go on? The way they puff up almost looks exactly like they did before the surgery, to a much lesser extent. They also look perfect when I get cold, also just like before the surgery. I can clearly palpate scar tissue already, which I know is not gland because there was no hard mass under my nipples to begin with, the gland that came out was soft (I asked to see the gland and the surgeon's assistant dangled into in front of me after the doctor finished excising the second side of my chest.) Can scar tissue cause the nipple to puff up in a strikingly similar fashion to glandular tissue? Thanks

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You are very early in the recovery phase of your surgery.It takes months to arrive at the final result.I do not know all the facts regarding your surgery as to what was done in the operating room so it is not possible to comment definitively.In any case it takes several months for everything to resolve so I would sit tight for a few months.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
Thanks, Dr. Pensler.

Everything other than that looks extremely good. I saw my GP today because my PS is on vacation (I'll be seeing one of his associates tomorrow) and he said he didn't think it would even be possible for the gland to grow back that quickly and more than likely it's fluid and swelling. It looks 80% better on the side that still has some puff to it, so if I do need a revision half a year down the road, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to deal with it until the time comes. As noted earlier, I'm going back into the PS office tomorrow to have it looked at and more than likely have it aspirated if the doc thinks it's approriate. Thanks for your reply, it makes me more reassured.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024