Author Topic: Concerned Kid  (Read 1492 times)

Offline boy25

I am 18 years old and have had puffy nipples since I was about 14. It restricts me from swimming with others, wearing tight shirts, the usual stuff.

I am very athletics, very active, eat pretty healthfully, am about 6'4 200 pounds, strong, have a strong chest ect. I am going away to college in a few months and would really like to get this solved before then, preferably during summer.

I play baseball and will be doing so in the summer and next year in college.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The first thing you should do is make an appointment with an experienced gynecomastia surgeon, so that you can make a plan to get your condition corrected in a timely fashion before you head to college.  If you're playing baseball all summer, you may need to hold off on the procedure until later in the season before you leave for school, since you will have to have a period of a few weeks when you won't be able to play.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Your story is typical for an individual with gynecomastia.Without any photos it is not possible to determine if you would benefit from a surgical procedure. Surgery prior to college would seem to be ideal for you as it is with many patients.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024