Author Topic: Consult yesterday FINALLY with a crazy twist on my surgery in 2 weeks =D  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Suburban88

• Posting Member
Ya! Finally after all these years I managed to figure out (financially) how to get my surgery! However, when I went to my consult yesterday and the surgeon was examining me, he highly suggested I get my stomach done at the same time or else the results may not be what Im looking for etc, SO he said that his clinic specifically is trying a new technique and recomended it for me under the circumstances, and its going directly through my Belly Button! I was SOOO happy when he said that! This is when it got interesting, he said he would have me do my physical at my pre op normally but wanted it done yesterday to make sure I was a good candidate and all was well until the person examining me discovered that I have a mild outie belly button that I wasnt aware of! Soooo after the physical was done they had me wait in the room for about 10 mins or so and in walked a different surgeon with a cart with tools on it...She said since we are going Umbilically and you have a protrusion  we need to put a Navel Compression in you, I said okie doke and it didn't hurt all that much, the worst part is the constant pressure with the dressing, So I have no idea whats going to come of all this, nor did I expect my procedure to go this way by any means, but im not a doctor, they are! Let me know some thoughts! =)

Offline gul94

• Posting Member
Whoa man never heard of guno surgery done like that. They usually do an incision around the bottom half of the areola and use lipo if they need to. But the belly button???? Make sure your not a guinea pig for them. Did you reasearch them prior to going there? They might be trying to get more pennys outta you. Or they just found a new technique. Stay safe man.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne surgery, as done by many surgeons around the world, results in the most minimal of scars.

Yes, there are surgeons who perform breast augmentation on women through the belly button, but the results are often less than stellar.

I have never heard of performing gyne surgery through the belly button.  The operation is difficult enough when done with a few small incisions on the chest.  Try adding the distance factor from the belly button, plus the difficulty of the ergonomics involved, and I am very suspicious.  Perhaps the doc is trying to develop a new technique -- but then he should advise you of that fact.

Other item to consider:  if you have an "outie" belly button, it could be a sign of an umbilical hernia.  Would certainly not want to be making an incision in that -- the surgeon could find himself in hot water and you could have unexpected problems.

Perhaps you should get another opinion??

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline LWS

• Posting Member
This sounds fishy, dangerous and ill suited for male breast reduction.

If you choose to be a guinea pig, be prepared to live with the results.

If you go ahead with this, please post some pics... I'm morbidly curious.

Offline Suburban88

• Posting Member
Welp, Dr. Jacobs was correct, this is a new technique being developed and he stated to me that I COULD POTENTIALLY be a candidate for it, So had I paid closer attention to detail, and not so much to the no scar part (smacking myself on the head), I would have understood better. Regardless, its time for a second opinion. Ugh im so sick and tired of this. Anybody have a 1-10 rate on my Gyn by chance on here? Just curios.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024