Author Topic: gyno on the left side only  (Read 3539 times)

Offline 2play4fun007

• Posting Member
i am a 14 years old boy.i have gyno on the left side only+puffy nipple at this side too.what do u recomend me.
i have had it for about 1.5 year

thank u!!!

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:45:30 AM by 2play4fun007 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of medicine.  If indeed gyne is caused by a "hormonal imbalance", then why did it only develop only on one side when both breasts have been subjected to the same hormonal fluctuations?  I wish I knew. 

However, I have seen this many times and more than likely you will need surgery to remove it.  Best to wait perhaps another year to give your body a chance to spontaneously decrease it -- but if nothing happens, then suggest you speak to your parents about it.  In the meantime, you can mask it by wearing a snug compression shirt as an undergarment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline 2play4fun007

• Posting Member
Thank you so much doctor!!!!!

If  gyne is caused by a hormonal imbalance,can i do smth to balance hormones.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I hope you noticed that I put hormonal imbalance in quotes.  I did so because that is the  reason that most doctors will routinely ascribe to the development of gynecomastia.  The true reasons for gyne development in adolescents is much more complicated -- and I am sure that a genetic pre-dispostion has some major importance.

Virtually all teens go through hormonal fluctuations -- yet not all boys develop gynecomastia.  Why some and not all?  No one knows.

Interestingly, I had a young man see me in consultation a while back.  His father was a pediatric endocrinologist -- the ideal man to evaluate his son.  The dad told me that he had done serial endocrine studies on his young son while the gyne was developing -- and surprise, there were no major endocrine abnormalities or imbalances found.  And although that is just one case history, I think the implications were profound:  hormonal imbalance may not be the sole reason for gyne development.

To answer your question specifically -- I do not think that any attempt should be made to "correct" your hormones at this stage.  Just be patient and wait it out.  Your gyne will either disappear or remain.   If it remains, then sit down and discuss with your parents and then consider consulting an expert in gyne surgery for an opinion on what to do.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:03:10 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »

Offline 2play4fun007

• Posting Member
thank you doctor!!

i will wait it out...i hope it diappears...

i did a ecography about 1 month ago...the doctor told me i had a cyst under the nipple,,,,is this ok?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024