Author Topic: Questions for the Dr  (Read 1558 times)

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I had gyno surgery incision only 1 year ago,however my nipples are still puffy but when I squeeze them I dont feel the gland there like I did prior to surgery but they still stick out enough where as I cant wear a t shirt with out them showing. Question with you guys experience could incision alone still cause nipples to still be puffy? Because like I said earlier when I squeeze them it seems to be nothing behind them which is weird. Also when I flex my chess you can see like fatty dents there but no gland. Thank You for your time.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A series of photos would be useful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Most surgeons who do a lot of gynecomastia surgery will use a combination of liposuction and excision even in cases where there's not much fat, because the liposuction portion allows for some re-draping of the skin and skin tightening (as a result of the "damage" done to the deeper tissues, which leads to collagen deposition and tightening), which doesn't really occur with excision only.  Having only had excision, you don't get that benefit, nor the benefit of additional contouring around the pectoralis muscles.  That may account for your experience.  Photos would be helpful in commenting more specifically.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery