Author Topic: My Diary  (Read 7144 times)

Offline akimbo14

Hi. I'm almost 16 and have been living with gyne for a couple years now. It started when I was around 10-11 (Not really sure). My doc says it'll go away on its own, but I really don't want to wait any longer.

I'm just wondering if there are any tips to get rid of it without surgery, because my parents obviously won't pay for that. I have been taking doxycycline daily for acne (I read that acne medications could cause it), however I started taking this way after my puffy nips developed. I have also been trying zinc and turmeric supplements to try and increase my testosterone, but they don't seem to be making any difference after a few months. I am 6'5" 205 lbs, so I probably should lose some weight, but I'm not sure if that will make it look worse.

I really would love to be able to have fun with all of my friends at the pool instead of just staying in my house all summer. Any tips or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Offline akimbo14

Here are some pictures and additional info.
They are definitely not just fat. I can feel some hard tissue under there. They have not grown or shrunk for as long as I can remember having them, although a few times, small hard lumps (harder than the original tissue) would form and go away. Because of this, it seems like they aren't going anywhere without surgery. Is it possible that if my inward nipples change to outward because of puberty, they might go away then? I'm just looking for anything I can do about my moobs, because I am currently in Florida. Not being able to be confident with my shirt off has really been hard for me here and throughout summer. Wearing Under Armour every day can get really hot :/

Anyways, here are the pics:
http:// postimg  [dot]  org/image/4rclm4apv/
http:// postimg  [dot]  org/image/ykjlupzcz/

Offline LWS

• Posting Member
The small harder lumps, were possibly cysts. Any chance your parents insurance would cover surgery? I know up here in Ontario, Canada, your surgery would be covered by governmental insurance at your age.

Have you spoken to your parents about it? Explained how it affects you to them? Maybe if they understood, you could meet with a surgeon and at least find out more information or get an estimate.

Offline LWS

• Posting Member
Oh by the way, upping testosterone, can have a negative effect on gyne.

"Gynecomastia is caused by higher than normal blood levels of estradiol, a metabolite of estrogen. As discussed earlier in the book, testosterone can convert into estradiol, DHT, and other metabolites. Men with higher amounts of the enzyme aromatase usually have this problem even at lower doses of testosterone."

So high Test can covert to high Estradiol which can equal more Estrogen.

(^Other readers If any of this is wrong please correct me.^)

Anyways, healthiest way to have a natural hormone balance is to exercise! good luck!

Offline Bleo

I'm 18 and suffered since I was about 6.  I just recently had surgery about 5 weeks ago.  My doctor noticed my chest and recommended I see an endocrinologist.  Come to find out my hormones are a little off and he suggested I see a plastic surgeon to have it corrected.  He said our insurance probably will deny it but to have my parents fight it.  My mom continued 4 times fighting and finally got an approval for surgery!  Have you talked to your parents or a doctor?  I wouldn't mess with hormones without consulting a doctor. 

Offline akimbo14

Hey, I just wanted to update anyone interested. Since last summer, nothing has changed. I saw my doctor and he told me if it doesn't go away soon we might consider surgery. I have completely given up on losing any weight, because that will only make my chest look more awkward. This has drained my quality of life since I began puberty, and I have just learned to live with my horrible self. I am really hoping that my doctor and parents will finally agree with me and just get the surgery over with, but it doesn't look like that will happen for at least a year. Wish me luck :-\

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
Good luck! Perhaps you could ask your parents to pay for some of the cost if you can save up a certain amount yourself.

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
many doctors ask patients to wait till 18 or 20 yrs of age,as in most cases enlarged chest resides back and chest becomes normal.

Do not mess with hormones, lets have it systematically first try to figure out how it happen, age limits etc
then after that about surgery, whether u require only liposuction or also excision or a skin lift for uneven nipples
these are just the names dont get scared .

seek a good doctor, discuss everything thoroughly with him

Surgery is the best option give it a try and u'll see that u were to have it done

i had it, just cant express the happiness i feel seeing myself shirtless, so beautiful, in mirror

Offline VitoEr

• Posting Member
By the way I like the title, if Nelson Mandela did a trading diary hed probably call it something similar  Good luck with it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024