Author Topic: 2 weeks???  (Read 1748 times)

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
Hi, iv only just discovered this "ask the Doctor" section so pls ignore my post in the forum  :) Im desperate to find out if 2 weeks recovery will be enough time of work after surgery as iv only booked 2 weeks going on the advice of my surgeon and my operation date is only 1 week away but after readin an watchin other peoples post op reviews im concerned that because im also havin my skin tightened up at the same time il need far longer to recover altho this is just me assumin because i have never had any kind of surgery so its all new to me. i work long hours as a lorry driver and my days are usually quite physically demanding so any advice would be very much appreciated, many thanks in advance

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Photos would be useful. If I reduce skin it is typically as a secondary procedure.With no knowledge of your specifics I would add in my patients two days would seem more reasonable than two weeks for return to work.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Most of my patients returns to work within days after the surgery, including those who have had peri-areolar skin reduction.  Some of the other techniques of skin reduction are more involved and might preclude getting right back to work, but even those patients would be able to work two weeks out, unless they had jobs that required manual labor and heavy lifting. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
Thanks very much for the feedback, im lookin pretty positive about the recovery time now as i thought it would be atleast the 2 weeks as people told me that the internal stitchin will need lots of time or il be tearin them open far to easily then be back to square one again, il going to upload some pics in a sec if i find out how to do it as computers arnt my strong point so pls be patient :-) many thanks. havin said that surgery is only 2 days away now so by the time u may have read this post il be then pre-op with more pictures an problems haha

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024