Author Topic: creatine  (Read 1884 times)

Offline hm4295

• Posting Member
I understand that creatine supplementation can cause some water retention. Would this be a reason to hold off on taking creatine if I'm currently waiting for all my postop (10 weeks) swelling to go down? I assume the creatine doesn't directly impede the resolution of swelling, but maybe it will make it appear like it's worse because of the water retention?

Thanks!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I suspect the degree of water retention you'd experience from creatine supplementation would be minimal, but if it's something that concerns you, then hold off on resuming its use.  What you're eating and how you're training are far more important than any supplements such as creatine.  Going a few more weeks without it won't impact your performance in the long term to any degree, and in the short term, you won't be concerned that there's more swelling because of the creatine.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Post operative resumption of exercise and diet is really more of an art than a science. As physicians were balance multiple factors when recommending or assisting in the recommendation of the various issues.Some issues are very important in our experience so we give strong recommendations while other issue require balancing numerous factors to obtain the best quality of life during recovery.This issue is more in your wheelhouse. Some swelling persists for months after surgery but you do not need to wait that long to resume creatine if you decide its in your best intrest..
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024