Author Topic: Gynecomastia surgery and liposuction  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Boobtastical

• Posting Member
Is it possible to have my large man boobs removed and liposuction on my beer belly at the same time?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's possible to correct gynecomastia and do abdominal liposuction simultaneously, and in fact, that's common. Your specific case might be different, based on your description, since weight loss might be required as well to get you a decent result, particularly in the abdominal region.  A big beer belly is often the result of intra-abdominal fat, which will not be remedied with liposuction. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Is it possible to have my large man boobs removed and liposuction on my beer belly at the same time?

Yes, I do this often -- I call it a Torsoplasty and it includes treatment of your gynecomastia as well as lipo of the entire abdomen and love handles.

However, Torsoplasty is not for everyone.  It is not designed for a fat person to make them skinny.  Rather, it works for a guy who is in moderate shape with a few extra bulges.  It can take a good body and change it into a great body.

A beer belly is oftentimes associated with large amounts of intra-abdominal fat, which no plastic surgeon can remove -- only the patient can remove this through diet and exercise.  Best way to see if you could qualify?  Pinch the abdominal fat -- if there is only a thin layer, then most of your fat is inside and therefore inaccessible.  If you can pinch a moderate amount of fat, then it can be suctioned.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024