Author Topic: Underarm Issues - Please Help!  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Kestral

Hey guys, so for the last 6 months or so I've been dealing with an increasingly discomforting situation.  Underneath my right armpit, directly to the right of my pec, it seems as if there is some kind of puffiness or extra fat.  It becomes discomforting when I try to let my arms down by my side naturally, as it feels as if it's pushing against my arm/protruding.  It only occurs on my right side.  I went to a couple doctors and from a physical examination have told me that it may just be disproportionate muscle or fat but haven't mentioned anything such as swollen lymphnodes or lipomas or anything of that nature.  When I push on the area, it's soft, without any lumps or anything hard but just feels like the area just sticks out more than my other side.

In addition, I've noticed when I look at myself in the mirror, it appears that my pectoral area on that specific side hangs lower than on my left side as well as the breast seems to be thicker/fatter than the other one as well.  I have done some weight training recently and am left-handed so I dunno if that might be an issue with me favoring one side during chest exercises over the other.

At any rate, I was hoping somebody could help shed some light on this topic for me as it is very distressing and unfortunately constant day in and out.  Thanks a bunch guys!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry, but I'm in the dark on this one. You might try posting in the ask a Doctor section.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Photos would certainly be helpful.

Mother Nature is often cruel -- she can deposit fat on one's body in asymmetric fashion.  In treating gyne, I always look at the entire chest and not infrequently will lipo the sides of the chest as well as fat deposits under the armpits.

You might gain more insight during a consultation with a gyne surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline henryjames

Sorry, but I'm in the dark on this one. You might try posting in the ask a Doctor section.

i also had a same problem

Offline walt

• Gold Member
ahh yes good old side boobs got em myself those are not so easy to get rid of, good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just FYI, the fat deposits in the armpits are easy to remove with pure liposuction.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024