Author Topic: pubertal gynecomastia  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Just

• Posting Member
I started developing gynecomastia at about 12-13 years old in 2011. At this time it wasn't really noticeable underneath my t-shirt. It's now 2013 and my gynecomastia has gotten bigger to the point where I tape my nipples down everyday for school so i look normal.

When they say, Gynecomastia will go away in 2 years do they mean like at it's current stage or since you started developing it? Since I've had it for 2 years now does this mean that I'll need surgery to get rid of it?

This was in 2011, It looks like it started developing here? I remember around this time I felt a hard lump underneath my nipple and I was told it would go away soon by my parents. This state didn't affect my life at all really.

It's now this, which affects my life on a daily basis and is always on my mind.

Also, I'm not sure if its possible to answer this or not but is it likely it's going to go away for me or should i just give up hope now because I'm really curious if I'm wasting my time waiting...

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
95% of gynecomastia cases resolve in THREE years from the time of onset.  Your case appears very mild, so it's still quite possible that it will resolve on its own.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Just

• Posting Member
This is so reassuring for me, you've made my day with that figure thank you. But when it's going away by itself does it gradually get smaller over a few days or do I just wake up and the lumps and stuff are gone?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not overnight.  More gradual.

RS

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
All males as they go through puberty develop swelling of the breast bud.What this means is that you can feel a lump under your nipples.The swelling typically resolves with time.The time course typically around 18 to 24 months.Continued prominence may benefit from examination by a trained individual.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024