Author Topic: i used steroid 8 years ago had gynecomastia eversince.  (Read 2075 times)

Offline tony31

• Posting Member
hello! first of all i want to say i am very thankful to this website.. been lurking here in a while and this site is very helpful..

good day doctors.. i know you guys are very busy and i am greatful if you guys can reply to my thread.. thank you in advance, i really do appreciate it..

here is my problem
i did a couple of steroid cycle back in the day thats 04-05 and i had gynecomastia eversince.. i stopped workin out back in 2006..  when i first had the lump it was painful to touch

but a couple months had passed the lump and the pain was gone but i can feel the tissue.. at first it didnt look so bad but when i stopped workin out and lost my muscle its pretty obvious to see my gyno. years have passed there were no lumps but tissue was still there.. not painful but when i press like the inner nipple i can feel something..

recently i bumped into a steel pipe and it hits my left breast.. it hits the tissue or should i say gynecomastia.

now my breast kinda sore.. when i touch it does not hurt but there are random pain that i can feel from the side of the nipple.. is this something serious??

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Trauma from hitting a pipe should not result in a significant change in the absence of redness ( cellulitis ).Gynecomastia from steroid use as you know is common.In instances where steroids have been used the tissue is typically glandular with a small amount of adipose tissue.For more information a photo would be useful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Many guys take steroids to build muscle -- and take their guidance from that most professional of medical sources:  the internet.  And oftentimes, the result is "bitch breasts" -- steroid-induced gynecomastia.  Most often, once the tissue develops, there is no way to remove it other than surgery.

The recent trauma that you describe doesn't seem to be anything serious.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline tony31

• Posting Member
thank you so much for the reply.. i really appreciate it..i forgot to mention that its already been 2 weeks but i still feel the burning pain.. but the pain keeps getting lesser and its more of a discomfort nowadays.. i describe it as a burning pain.  its on my left breast

if it still bothers me next week i will go to a doctor and have it checked.. to be honest i am really worried of getting breast cancer. and what makes things worst is that i still have to wait a couple of months to get my medical insurance. as for now i only have doctors visit or physical exam coverage. i just hope the burning pain would go away and once i get my insurance ill have this removed.

by the way here are some pics taken today..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The chance of breast cancer produced by trauma is virtually nil.  And the chance of breast cancer in a young man is also virtually nil.  Like any injury, it will be sore for a while and then get better.

If you are thinking of having insurance cover your gyne surgery, then you should be realistic.  Insurance very rarely covers the operation -- particularly if it has been caused by taking steroids.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would agree with the previous comments regarding potential for breast cancer from trauma to a male breast with gynecomastia--this is very unlikely.  But male breast cancer does occur.  And it's sometimes found incidentally in gynecomastia.  Trauma to your breast two weeks ago is likely to still have some associated discomfort, depending on how severe the original injury was.  But if it's not resolving in time, you should have it checked. I would agree, however, that most insurances will not cover your surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery