Author Topic: Surgeon with little experience  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
I've talked with a surgeon on saturday and altho he seemed very confident and knowledgable, I have some doubts. He explained the procedure to me in detail, seemed to know what he was talking about and overall left a very good impression on me. However, I believe he has done only2 or 3 surgeries of this type.

On the other hand, he has told me that he's confident he can do it and that he's successfully done much more complicated surgeries before. He's a surgeon at the general hospital, so he deals with serious injuries and complicated operations regularly. Still, while he might have done more complicated operations I'm worried about his experience.

My parents seem to prefer him, partly because of the price. My father doesnt believe I have a problem and seems to take it too lightly. I personaly wanted to go to a consultation with another surgeon who saysy he's done more than 50 gynecomastia operations. However, he's in another country (Zagreb, Croatia, I live in Sarajevo, some 250 miles distance) and the price is double.

What do you think, is it possible he will do a good job even tho he doesnt have much experience?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:59:15 AM by Javier »

Offline bathroom

• Posting Member
Hmmm...I don't know that's a tough one.

People have bad stories about general surgeons.  

How bad is your case?  Sometimes by the time you're in your 20s you decide you have better things to worry about.  As a teenager (don't know that you are one) everything seems life or death.

Are you coming to the US for work/school?  Maybe you could get it done here.

There have been some success stories with drugs raloxifene that you could probably get there.  Much cheaper than surgery.

Are you overweight at all?  That would help alot in reducing fat.

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
Well, I think I have a pretty mild case, mostly gland and not so much fat. I'm not in great shape but I'm not really overweight either, I'm around 160 lbs.

here are some pictures I posted:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1124118084

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
thats a tuffy. Your case isnt bad at all. If i werent well versed with the topic of gynecomastia and i saw you on the beach i would just come to the assumption that u are a tad out of shape and not lean enough to have that perfect physique...the word boob does not come to mind.

I suggest you lift some weights...tone and broaden ur upper body. Shoulders, chest, bic and tri's...after 6 months if u do some incline bench i doubt u will have any problem at all.

Remember this , no 1 has 0% of fat or gland mass on there chest...every1 has a certain percentage, where bad gyne sufferers stand at 60% or more, u seem to be a 20% comprising of mostly fatty tissue.

if u are willing, i suggest u lift some weights first, if u see no improvments after 6 months then i would go for the op with the lesser experienced since that is not a severe case.
Its your call.

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
I was in much better shape last year, ran around 4 miles every day and was around 150 lbs, and I still had this problem. I worked out a bit too. I can feel my chest muscles right under my skin but in the areola area I can press down almost 2 centimeters, and i definately feel the gland under my nipple.

I've had this since I was 12 and in that time I've been in great shape at times and I've still had this problem.

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
BTW, thanks for your replies :)

Offline turfpro

• Posting Member
Thats about what I look like after.  Im not sure I  would trade that for the scars it would leave? Maybe wait til you can go to the DR you want. Also I dont think anyone would look twice at you with out a shirt.

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
Actually, I dont think those pics came out right, it looks more noticable to me when I look in the mirror than in the picture, but then again, maybe thats subjective.

Offline Javier

• Posting Member
Does anyone else have any opinions?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024