Author Topic: Gyno surgery I've been waiting for!  (Read 4445 times)

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
So, tomorrow is the day. The day I've been waiting for since I was 13. I have lived over a quarter of my life with gynecomastia, and I'm finally getting it fixed! I have an average body, but always was ashamed of my feminine chest, and puffy nipples. Having read a lot over the last 6 years (I'm 19)I'm naturally nervous that I will get a botched surgery. However, my friend used the same surgeon and loved his results. I'm currently a part time firefighter, and have a great workplace that has given me as much time as I need to recover. I'm planning on going on light duty about two weeks after the surgery. As all of you know, I've never been able to wear shirts that I liked, never felt confident with girls, and was always afraid to take my shirt off. I got really good at hiding it, and have worn a tank top under my shirts since I was in middle school. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, and put my full trust in God for a speedy recovery, and a smooth surgery. I'll post before pictures tonight, and post pictures on a regular basis afterwards. Keep me in your prayers! I'd love to hear your opinions and stories as well during and after my recovery!

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
So far this is what I've done.
Consultation: I met the doctor, and we discussed what the surgery would be like. It is a combination of lipo and gland removal. I'll have drains in for at least a few days to prevent swelling. I scheduled the surgery, and made a pre op appointment

Pre Op appointment: I went in to the doctor last Tuesday for my pre op visit. The surgeon got a little more in depth about techniques, and examined me more closely. Pictures were taken as well. We scheduled a follow up for the day after the surgery (19th of March) as well.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Congratulations:) Let us know what surgeon you use and keep us up to date on how things come out.

Get ready to feel electrified. I'm a little over a year and today was great. It's nice to order food from a beautiful girl and not feel like your in the most awkward place. I use to feel so panicked around people because of it. The last year has been a whole new state of mind.

Very happy for you. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:35:45 PM by jay adams »

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
keep us updated!

what surgeon?

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
So today is my first day post op! I went to the hospital around 6 AM yesterday. My mom took me up and stayed with me the whole time. My nurse was 100x better than anyone could ask for. She was very good at her job, and was extremely kind. It was a smaller hospital and all three nurses that I worked with seemed happier for me getting the surgery than I was for myself! I'm a part time firefighter/EMT and I've seen my share of blood and gore, but I DID NOT like the IV. I tried to hide my struggle, but my nurse noticed. She told a few funny stories to ease my nerves. The anesthesiologist came in around 7:25 or so to explain what her job was. She left shortly after and began to prepare. My doctor came in and marked my chest for surgery, did a quick run through one more time with me, and left to go get ready with the other staff. About 8 the Operating room nurse came in and gave me some valium to relax. I was wheeled to the O.R. and the last thing I remember was getting moved to the operating table. I woke up to my nurse asking how much pain I was in. It was about a 5/10, but thinking back to it I might have just wanted some drugs  ;) She checked every 5 minutes, and it wasn't long before my pain was a 1/10. Her and another nurse helped get my vest on around the drains, and moved me back to my own room. I spent the next hour ( from 10-11 ) hanging out and fully recovering from anesthesia. I was constantly being check on, and in no time went to the bathroom and got dressed. My mom and I stopped for some food, and made the 1hr long drive back to our house. I slept for about and hour and then had a small dinner. I took my Vicodin, and was passed out for another two hours. That night sleeping was spotty, but not that bad actually. I had drains in and a vest on, and was worried after reading some of the stories about how uncomfortable they are. They really aren't bad. I drank lots of fluid last night, and am continuing to do so today.

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
So I had my follow up appointment today, just one day after the operation. My pain is still a 1/10. Not bad at all. My doctor, myself, and my family were very please when they changed the dressings! Very little swelling, despite having almost no drainage all of yesterday! I'm back to eating normally, and its been a relaxing day. I miss working, but I should be back soon. The hardest part will be staying away from the gym and the station. Here are my before and after pics! I'll update if anything changes, but if not I will definitely on Monday when I have my next appointment.

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
Pre Op Pics (Taken the night before)

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
So the one of me in the mirror is what I called my "fake" body. That's what my nipples were like in the cold. Here is some pictures from last night.

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
In my above post the fake one "In the mirror" is my pre op one. The other one in the mirror is my first time wearing an under armour shirt post op! Here is a picture of me one day post op! hardly any swelling so far!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
did your nipples get smaller after surgery?

thanks for updating with pics , you're looking good man.

Offline 53019ff

• Posting Member
That's what it looks like so far, but they were never huge. It was weird how flat they look! Thanks very much!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024