Author Topic: Revision Complete (With Pictures)  (Read 2407 times)

Offline packers10

To those suffering from Gynecomastia,

In 2008 I had a Gynecomastia procedure done with a General Surgeon at a local hospital. The procedure was conducted with lyposuction only, because the GS didn't believe gland excision was necessary. Long story short, the results were initially flat and then overtime I accumulated either scar tissue or residual gland that made the results unsatisfying. It looked smaller, but still had puffy nipples and a tissue I could feel extend from beneath the nipple complex and into my underarm. To say the least I was disappointed.

Fast forward 6 years later. I decided once and for all that  I would find a Plastic Surgeon who would remove the remaining scar tissue and gland. I had a consult with Dr. Shah and decided to go ahead with the procedure. The office and staff was very polite and professional. Yesterday I had the procedure conducted under twilight sedation with liposuction and glandular excision. As of now the results look amazing. I currently have tubes in, but they do not bother me one bit. I don't mind dealing with them since they are used to removed the fluid that accumulates over time and is worth it instead of dealing with major swelling.

The verdict is out, but I am optimistic that this will be my last and final procedure. I will post before and after pictures for the benefit of the members here. If anyone is on the fence to do this procedure, DO IT. Find a board certified surgeon and move on with life.

My question to those who have had the procedure conducted for a revision, and surgeons on this board. I was told that because of the scar tissue removed, major compression isn't necessary. I ordered one to wear once the drains are removed (a level one vest from this website). Is this a good recommendation? I trust my PS Dr. Shah, because of his awesome track record and experience with doing tons of cases of Gynecomastia reduction.

PS: The procedure was absolutely painless and I can't even remember the procedure even though I was conscious. Only $3,500. I just remember feeling like I was super drunk lol. Cheers fellows. And here is to a new life. Time to enjoy the things I've been missing out on since a teenager. Sex, swimming, and confidence. Thanks all and I will post pictures soon. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but the percocets have me on cloud 9 right now lol. Thanks

Sincerely,
A gynecomastia survivor.

;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:31:41 AM by packers10 »

Offline packers10

Bump..

Any comments on the results and opinion on drains vs compression? Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hope you are well on your way re healing.

Obviously, your surgeon knows you best and you should follow his direction.

After having performed hundred of revisions of other surgeons work, my firm opinion is that some type of compression is needed in every single case -- but that is just my opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline packers10

Thanks Dr. Jacobs,

Once I had the drains removed I transitioned to a Stage 1 vest from DV at about 5 days post OP. Healing is going well. Even though the vest is uncomfortable, I won't mind sacrificing 6 weeks to wearing it. Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024