Author Topic: how long before dostinex kicks in  (Read 1775 times)

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
i've been taking it for 3 weeks to reduce prolactin levels and hopefully to get rid of the pain and the tenderness but still nothing..i know that most doctors here are plastic surgeons and they are not obligated to know stuff about medications like dostinex but if anyone can answer from experience it would be great

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This question would best be posed to the doctor (presumably an endocrinologist) who prescribed the dostinex.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
i did but he doesnt know.i cant find any doctor who has ever dealt with anything close to what i have.i convinced the doctor to prescribe dostinex.i know you are plastic surgeons and you focus on the cosmetic part but since you've dealt with gynecomastia for years i thought you could make a guess or something about my condition.the only clues i have is that it started while using steroids at the age of 22.i went to an endo and he ran some tests which showed higher than normal levels of prolactin.problem is he didnt check my estrogens levels so i dont know if it was created only from prolactin.i even had my breast tissue removed with surgery which helped reducing the pain but didnt eliminate it.2 months ago the pain got worse like it was before surgery and i had some tests which showed again high levels of prolactin so i went to another doctor and he prescribed dostinex.i've been taking it for 5 weeks at 0,5 mg 2 times per week and nothing changed.thanks in advance for any replies

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You are providing bits and pieces of your history with no photographs.Typically steroid induced gynecomastia does not resolve with medical treatment.You had some surgery but without any photos I cannot comment on the adequacy of the resection.Have you used steroids again?
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
no i havent touched anything after that..i'm sorry but i dont have a camera atm so i cant upload any photos.but the only thing that you could see from photos is slightly puffy nipples,what worries me is the tenderness in the area.here are my hormone tests results before starting dostinex e2 38.6pg/ml prl 21.9 pg/ml.my doctor says that they are not that bad to cause me this discomfort.one thing i didnt mention before is that one day before the whole thing started i drunk a lot of alcohol while on cycle.anyway my last question is can a cycle which lasted 1 week of winstrol(stanozolol)cause such symptoms that last for 3 years??and if yes shouldnt my e2 or prl be like 200pg/ml??thanks in advance

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024