Author Topic: Fat boob dad to fit dad - my gynecomastia experience from beginning to end  (Read 2424 times)

Offline GymDude

• Posting Member
Hi all!

I’m happy to be joining this forum. I’ve been reading it for a few weeks now whilst making my own personal decision to go through with surgery. Everyone on here seems very decent and honest and if sharing my experience helps others then that would be cool. I am at the very beginning of this process and haven’t had a consultation yet. In fact I don’t even know who to have my consultation with yet so this really will be a beginning to end blog.

I have lived with gynecomastia since I was 15/16. I was a bit over weight so just thought that once I got in shape, my chest would all sort out. I didn’t know about gynecomastia then so thought it was just ‘puppy fat’. It has just been an absolute pain in the butt for me and has made me feel pretty embarrassed for many years. I’ve come to the conclusion now that life is too short and I’m going to sort this out now. Just to give a bit more detail, I now work out 4 times a week, have run 2 marathons and training for number 3, eat well 70% of the time and feel like I don’t deserve man boobs. I need to get rid! I have two small babies, a son who’s 3 and a daughter who is nearly 2 so I really don’t want to be fat boob dad on the beach. My son has already mentioned it which is mortifying.

Have started doing some research and this forum has been really helpful. On doing several google searches and reading forums I have come up with a short list of surgeons. Shailesh Vadodaria, Alex Karidis, Ravi Jain and Alex Chambers.

I’ll keep posting the results of my research as I get it. I have two babies though so will try and get this done as and when I can. I feel like writing this blog is committing me to the procedure so feeling really positive about this.

Laters!

Offline GymDude

• Posting Member
Hi all

I've been doing a fair bit of research on this and looking at different techniques. I haven't booked a consultation yet. I'm curious as to how many people actually have an incision and the glandular component cut out as well as the fat suctioned out. I am hoping that mine is more fatty (it feels like that) so I can just have it suctioned out and not left with a visible scar. I live in Surrey so I'm looking at surgeons near to me that have good reviews. It's nice to see some great success stories on here.  :)

Offline Bad nipples

Hi GymDude!

Thanks for sharing your story. I came to the same conclusion as you. Life is too short to live it with gynecomastia!
I decided to have to surgery around 6 weeks ago, and I'm already having surgery on tuesday. I’m really looking
forward to a life without worries about clothing and going to the beach.

My doctor will remove gland and fat trough a small incision near the armpit if possible. But he might have to do an
incision around the areola as well. He won’t know for sure before the surgery has started. I'll let you know after
surgery.

Good luck on your path to the other side. If you've already decided to do the surgery, don't postpone it and waste
your time.

Offline Mujassad

• Posting Member
I'm like 7 weeks post-op and I had incisions in the lower edges of the nipple, no scar is visible at all. So I know this is possible if you have a good surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024