Author Topic: 1.5 weeks after procedure breast are bigger than they were right after surgery  (Read 1601 times)

Offline 9000

This is my second procedure. The first was lipo. Which left one breast larger than the other and still  did not end with the results I wanted so this time around I had the Subcutaneous Mastectomy. I'm 1.5 weeks out of surgery. The second day when I took off compression vest to change bandages the chest area was smaller and looked better. The area has gotten bigger since then and looks similar to how it was prior to surgery. Is this typical? Is there something I should or should not be doing? I started sleeping on my side after a few days but not on my stomach. Im not comfortable on my back. I did have couple days where I had non healthy food (burgers, fries, etc) other days I just ate salads. Ive been drinking more water than normal.  I've had the vest on the whole time. I did a light work out (legs only) and some walking. Is it possible to have this procedure done and the chest area look the same 1.5 weeks in?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:20:55 PM by 9000 »

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
First I would recommend you contact your surgeon. Without knowing  what was done at either surgery it makes it a bit difficult to comment.There is swelling after surgery that maximizes at 48 to 72 hours and that could be your issue.Alternatively, fluid collection can occur up to one week after surgery and that could also be the problem. Whenever there is a potential problem the first thing to do is to reach out to the individual who performed the surgery.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024