Author Topic: After 8 years I finally manned up for surgery!  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Bad nipples

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, but I've been reading here for years.
All the stories on this site have helped me build up the confidence to finally get surgery. I am grateful
for that, and want to share my story to help others, and complete the circle of this forum :)

I have scheduled for surgery at May 20th. Only 11 days left now. The time from when I finally decided to
have surgery till I booked, was very short. I decided to go for surgery only a month ago, and now I'm less
than two weeks from surgery! I'm excited, curious, impatient and a bit scared at this point. I think I
have a crazy ride in front of me.

I'm from Norway, and will travel to New York to get the surgery. It stings a bit when I think about the
money I will use on this, but it breaks my heart thinking about yet another summer staying inside,
avoiding friends, making bad excuses for not going outside at daytime, wearing sweater etc... You all
know about this and how much it hurts. It's hard and it holds me back.

That said, I have a mild case of gynecomastia and many peoples on this site would probably envy my breasts
or shake their heads because I'm having surgery. That’s okay, I know what’s right for me, and after being
bullied for my breasts and being on the beach only twice the last 12 years, I'm prepared to improve my life.

I don't expect a perfect chest, but I do except that I'll be able to wear a t-shirt without being
self-conscious.

I will try to keep this thread updated. Please feel free to ask questions.

Summer here I come! ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:49:08 PM by Bad nipples »

hammer

You have to do what you have to do! Some guys aren't able to live with breast so surgery is the answer for them!

I've had many surgeries, but never gyne, as I'm one that has accepted, but the two things that I would like to say to you is be sure to follow your post-op instructions to the letter they are there to help your healing process. As for healing, remember, that your complete healing can take months, yes that's months, not weeks so please be patient to see what your final surgery results look like when all the swelling and scare tissue is all gone.

With that I wish you the best of luck and God bless!

Bob

Offline Bad nipples

Hi Hammer,

Thanks for your post. I have great respect for people like you who have accepted. I think that takes ten times the courage than to have surgery. I sort of envy you that, even though I'm glad I'm having surgery. I will take your advice and follow the post-op instructions to the letter. As for the healing, I know I have a roller coaster ride in front of me. I'm probably not completely prepared for that, but I'll ride it off, I hope :)

hammer

It is a tough road because the anticipation is so hard. I've had both knees replaced and two back surgeries one lasting 9 hours. I knew in my heart that I would still have chronic pain after the surgeries, but the hope was always still there that it would be all gone! The wait was endless for the healing and rehab to be over and to see what the final out come was, and low end behold, some pain was gone, but I'm still unable to do the things I did as a young man, never will be, so I need to accept that too!

Don't be worried about the surgery part of this! You are going to be in good hands!

Bob

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I also have swollen nipples.my prob is m a player. Cricket if u heard in ur part of world .surgery not a problem but m scared of post op recovery .as in 2months for complete recovery enough.btw wat operation u having. As in incision around nipple or lateral near armpits \\
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline Bad nipples

I understand what you mean, Hammer. I have high anticipation for the surgery, and I do of course hope for a 100% perfect chest. But at the same time I know that's not realistic. It's hard to manage the anticipation, but I try to focus on the fact that surgery will help me even if the results are only 80%.

I also have swollen nipples.my prob is m a player. Cricket if u heard in ur part of world .surgery not a problem but m scared of post op recovery .as in 2months for complete recovery enough.btw wat operation u having. As in incision around nipple or lateral near armpits

I see your problem, troubleddoc. You are probably right that the recovery time may be two months. But you must have some periods of the year that you don't play as much? Either way, you will have to decide how much of a problem your gynecomastia are, and if acceptance is an option or not.

The operation will be through the armpit. If needed, the doctor will also make an incision around the nipple.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I understand what you mean, Hammer. I have high anticipation for the surgery, and I do of course hope for a 100% perfect chest. But at the same time I know that's not realistic. It's hard to manage the anticipation, but I try to focus on the fact that surgery will help me even if the results are only 80%.

I also have swollen nipples.my prob is m a player. Cricket if u heard in ur part of world .surgery not a problem but m scared of post op recovery .as in 2months for complete recovery enough.btw wat operation u having. As in incision around nipple or lateral near armpits

I see your problem, troubleddoc. You are probably right that the recovery time may be two months. But you must have some periods of the year that you don't play as much? Either way, you will have to decide how much of a problem your gynecomastia are, and if acceptance is an option or not.

The operation will be through the armpit. If needed, the doctor will also make an incision around the nipple.

finally had my surgery. Am 11days post op armpit incisions as good as nil.they were 3mm only.n areola incision 2mm which r not noticible .overall extremely happy n satisfied

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024