Author Topic: Is this fat or gynecomastia?  (Read 3887 times)

Offline wl671127

I've always had a larger chest, but it has always looked like fatty, malformed pecs to me. Thus I've always conceded that if I dieted and exercised, I'd lose the moobs. Well, they have gone down. I've lost twenty five pounds since October, but I recently stumbled upon conversation involving gynecomastia and now I'm a paranoid mess.

What do you all think?

Offline jakewardell

• Posting Member
Looks okay to me.

A bit "gynecomastia-like" from the side but from the front on view you don't have anything that would concern me personally.

Have you tried working on your chest at the gym?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You can't tell if gyne is fat or gland just by looking.  In fact, you can't always tell by feel either.

You do appear to be a few pounds overweight -- so try some intense diet and exercise for six months and look at the results.  Sometimes the "gyne" will diminish to your satisfaction -- and sometimes not.  But there is no harm in trying -- you might end up a bit healthier in the process.

And if you still have extra tissue on your chest, then consider a consultation with a gyne expert to determination what your options may be.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We do not differentiate, A surplus of tissue on the chest is Gynecomastia. It does not really matter to us how much is fat, gland or skin. The usual case is that there is a mound of fat with threads of glandular tissue running through it.

When obesity is an issue, it is best to get down to a stabilized weight before considering surgery.

Weight loss alone is seldom enough, but it produces the best results that way.
Grandpa Dan

Offline ghalib

• Posting Member
I think it looks pretty normal. I suggest you to do some workout for chest in Tacoma gym than it would look more ok than now
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:19:47 AM by ghalib »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024