Author Topic: Fat deposits around the hips.  (Read 3885 times)

Offline SA864

Does anyone else with Gynecomastia also have fat deposits around their hips? Sometimes I would wake up after not working our for a while and have these wide hips along with the sensitive breasts, I feel like I may have an oestrogen imbalance.

Will the medicine which deals with Gynecomastia also prevent me from having fat deposited around my hips? I also feel as if my genitalia growth may have been inhibited by this hormonal imbalance. 

TomJones

Sorry to tell you this, but there is no medicine for gynecomastia. If you have enlarged breasts as an adult male, the only correction is surgery. Don't waste your money on any snake oil medicines.  In addition, hip fat is not normally a male problem.

As for the fat deposits on your hips and as well as for your gynecomastia, I recommend a hormonal workup by an endocrinologist as well as a genetic profile to rule out any hormone imbalance or genetic abnormality.

Tom

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are having growth that is more typically female than male or if you have fat distribution that is more characteristic of a female than male, then you should be talking to an Endocrinologist.

There is potentially a lot more at stake here than simply having enlarged breasts.

An obese person gets a double whammy, because the excess fat actually converts Testosterone into Estrogen.  You might notice that severely obese people seem rather the same regardless of gender. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Not around my hips, but I sure wish I could get some around my booty, my wife says I don't have one and really could use it!

hammer

I'm with Paa_Paa on this! You need to get hormones and among other things tested!

I lost my testicles in my 30's because they rotted after a vasectomy before being remove so my testosterone level dropped far below the level of a typical females level and my estrogen went very high! Needless to say, but I have very large breast now, however my hips are still small, my weight is all located above and below the navel which is common in females too!

Good luck,

Bob
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:51:38 AM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024