Author Topic: Doctor, please answer basic questions about post surgery  (Read 1772 times)

Offline 77777

• Posting Member
Hi Doctor,

I am currently 2 days post op. I am in Poland and the language barrier between myself and clinic staff is proving slightly difficult. My recovery is paramount to me and I need clear and concise answers. If you could give me your advice on the following I'd be so grateful:-

1. I have been given Hydrogen Peroxide. What is the Hydrogen Peroxide for?
2. When should I apply this and for what period i.e. 1 week, 2 week etc
3. Jelonets. I have been given 24. These unfold into big nets. Am I supposed to cut small pieces myself to cover nipple?
4. How long should I be using these for?
5. I have purchased my own compression vest. When can I start using this and do I still have to wear Jelonets?
6. When should I start massaging?

Thank you for your time doctor, I'm so grateful and I'm sure others will be too.

Offline 77777

• Posting Member
Not to worry Doctor, I now have the answers I need. If you don't mind, is there any advice you can give on massaging post op? Should we touch the areola itself etc? When would you start massaging? I keep reading a lot of conflicting opinions.

Thanks Doctor

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every doctor has his own thoughts about massage.

I generally avoid massage for a minimum of 4-6 weeks because it can actually cause swelling.  After that, whether to massage or not is based on the physical exam at that time.  Many of my patients do not require massage at all.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024