Author Topic: getting nervous  (Read 3679 times)

Offline clike

• Posting Member
hey guys. I have surgery scheduled for febuary and im getting nervous about the procedure. I was wondering how soon I can return to work? really don't want anyone to know im doing this

ha032742

Depends on the individual/type of job you do/extent of surgery. My surgeon advised that most people who have a desk job can go back after 2-3 days. Personally, I felt I could've gone back to work the next day as I had minimal restriction of movement and no pain. People who do manual work probably need a longer period of recovery.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:25:35 PM by ha032742 »

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
It vastly depends on the severity of the case. And also, if drains are used.  If they are indeed used, believe me, you don't want to go back to work.  Drains are usually removed 3-5 days post up.  It also depends on the type of job you do: office job: one week is ample.  For jobs requiring lifting of heavy items, there's usually 6 weeks of 15 lbs max limit.

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline tylerhen

• Posting Member
I just had both nips done under local anesthesia.  I felt good enough to go back to work the next day.  I had no drains.  Mine were minimal to moderate gyno.  I think the local anesthesia and being in good shape, good spirits. 

Offline clike

• Posting Member
had surgery yesterday. everything looks great. wish I wouldof done it 20 years ago

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Congrats!

So....did your surgeon put drains?

Offline clike

• Posting Member
Congrats!

no sir. only had to do lipo and it appears to be flat as a board.very pleased.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Congrats!

no sir. only had to do lipo and it appears to be flat as a board.very pleased.

Great!  So your initial concern of going back to work is not relevant anymore.

Good luck on your recovery and controlling the swelling.
---Bobby

Offline clike

• Posting Member
had my surgery on a Wednesday and returned back to work on Monday. im little over one month post op and not as flat as I was the day after surgery. im assuming this is just swelling

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024