Author Topic: Please Kindly verify my condition.(pics included)  (Read 2189 times)

Offline ganesh077

I had no Gyno issues in my early-mid teens.I started lifting weights at the age of 18.I built a good looking chest but in my mid 19 i gained a lot of fat as i lost motivation to hit the gym and noticed my nipples were a little pointy.I must confess i started masturbating on regular basis around that time which made my nipples puffy temporarily but returned to normal after some time.
The pics attached are of my current condition.My nipples are most of the time puffy and pointy.I am in my mid 20.So i want to ask do i still have a chance at reducing them without surgery or  is there still time for them to go away.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are a myriad of possible causes for gyne and puffy nipples.  Since your case appears to be mild (albeit with puffy nipples), you can try the diet and exercise route to see if there is any improvement.  My guess is that you may improve your chest somewhat but the puffy nipples will probably remain.  Reason?  Puffy nipples are caused by breast tissue directly under the nipples which pushes the nipples outward.  Breast tissue does not respond to diet or exercise -- it remains.  And BTW, don't try to "feel" the tissue and decide yourself whether you have breast tissue or not -- it simply can be misleading.

Oh, BTW, don't feel guilty about masturbating -- it did not cause your puffy nipples.

Once you have done the best you can, you will face a decision whether to have surgery for it or not -- the answer is yours alone.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline ganesh077

Thanks a lot for the advice Dr.Jacobs.
I want to add one more thing that whenever i take a bath or after workout my nipples are perfectly fine and my gyno condition is almost unnoticeable(even to me!).
So can the puffiness be reduced through regular chest workouts and cardio?...i also read somewhere that naturally increasing your testosterone can reduce the puffiness.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Nipples will change in response to temperature, stimulation or emotion -- but those changes are temporary, as you will attest.  It is due to temporary tightening of the areolar skin due to the action of an underlying thin layer of muscle.  When the muscle relaxes, the puffiness returns.  There is no way to block this normal physiologic change -- no drugs, injections or surgery.

Since puffiness is due to tissue under the areola which pushes it up, the only cure is to surgically remove that tissue so that the areola lies flat and flush with the surrounding skin at all times.  It may still change physiologically, but it will always lay flat.

Dr Jacobs

Offline ganesh077

Thank again Doc.Guess i'll just do my best and see the results for myself.
I must say your reply has boosted my confidence a lot to workout again.I was feeling really low before and i almost gave up.This forum really helped.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It appears you have mild gynecomastia.The treatment would be excision of the extra tissue below and around the areolas. You do not appear to have significant body fat so I would not expect significant change with diet.Exercise would typically build up the underlying muscle and make the gynecomastia more visible.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline ganesh077

Well i am not even 21 and my parents wont let me have a surgery.
I guess ill just have to live it then but ill still workout and post pics if there is some improvement.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Good luck,its not that unusual of a story about the parents.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It looks like you have mild gynecomastia. An exam would be helpful. Go get some consults from a surgeon in your area. Check out this website for surgeons in your area.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024