Author Topic: Doctors: Am I a good candidate for kenalog injections?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline lanco123

Hi all,

I got surgery (gland removal only/excision under areola) in September, 2014.  I had very minor gyno; most people wouldn't have even worried about it.  

There does NOT feel like there is any glandular tissue underneath the nipples any longer, and it feels almost 'empty' underneath.  But yet the nipples still protrude a bit.  I had kenalog 20 injected into each nipple a few days ago, and haven't really seen any improvement yet (plastic surgeon did not really see the need, but said he would try it in case it benefited me).  

I'm just looking for doctors who have more experience in gyno to see if I should continue injections or if I'm stuck with what I got?  Way better than before surgery, but I'd love the contour to be flat (again...just like directly after surgery for approximately one to two weeks)!  Thanks for any and all input!

I should mention: I'm 30 years old, 6'1, 200 lbs, and lean/muscular body type.  There was not and is not much excess fat prior to surgery or now. 

I tried to post pics, but the file sizes were too large....I tried downsizing them, and still too large.  Any way to get around this??  I'd love to post to give you a bit better idea of my condition (which is very minor).

Offline lanco123

So apparently this site does not want you to provide pictures.  I've tried everything, including posting a photobucket link.  Doctors, if an email address is available, I will gladly email you pics....frustrating.....

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Kenalog injections can be helpful to soften and reduce the lumpy harder scar tissue that can develop after gynecomastia surgery. There can be some side effects however which can result in some dents, or skin discoloration. I wouldn't recommend it just "for the hell of it" but only if your surgeon feels that it would help.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline lanco123

I appreciate your response.  There is no hard tissue under the nipple area any longer.  This is why I'm confused as to why the nipples have protruded again -somewhat- after surgery.  Frustrating, but I guess it is what it is. 

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Hard to comment any more without either photos or an exam. If the Kenalog injection was just a few days ago, you might not see results for up to six weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024