Author Topic: any option to remove scar lines?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline pw19831

I had surgery roughly 10 years ago to correct my gynecomastia.  The first surgery I had did not go well as I went to the wrong surgeon in hindsight. It left me with scars around the bottom half of the nipple and did not remove enough tissue to flatten my chest.  The 2nd surgery went well as I went to Dr. Silverman who did a great job and flattened my chest out with minimal incisions.  The problem I have is that the scars from my 1st surgery have always bothered me.  When I move my arms the scar lines seem very obvious to me and therefore I'm never comfortable taking my shirt off.  The scars themselves healed well and are not pronounced but still enough to bother me, so I went to a tattoo artist to camouflage the scars a bit, which helped but I'm still not happy overall.  I've always regretted not going to the right surgeon first. 
I'm basically wondering if there is any procedure possible that can remove the scars somehow or some other option?  I obviously don't want to make things worse but I almost feel willing to try anything since it bothers me so much.
Thank you 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unfortunately, once the skin is cut, the result is a permanent scar.  If the scars are bad (ie wide, raised, thickened) then sometimes treatment can be done to improve them -- but not make them disappear (clearly impossible).

Sorry

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Without seeing the scars it is impossible to tell whether or not they can be improved. I would think that a reputable Plastic Surgeon in your area should be able to give you an honest opinion.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024