Author Topic: 8 months post surgery  (Read 1467 times)

Offline LT29

Hi guys just a quick question. I am 8 months post surgery and am generally very happy with the results. The only problem is my right nipple protrudes slightly more than my left. It struggles to contract when its cold, like my left one does naturally and it is still a bit sensitive and sore where as the left one is fine. Do you think it is scar tissue? And is possible that it can still be healing 8 months down the line. I have never really massaged either of them, I just let mother nature do its thing however the right one has always been behind the left one in terms of the healing process. Any help would be much appreciated.  

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If both nipples were roughly the same (and flat) after surgery and if the right nipple began to protrude 4-12 weeks after surgery, then it is likely that scar tissue has developed. Massage and time may help -- but no guarantees.  In cases similar to yours, I have injected cortisone (Kenalog) and had remarkable improvements within 6 weeks.

Suggest you return to your surgeon and discuss this possible treatment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I generally think that healing is finished by eight months after surgery, except that sensitivity can continue to improve up to a year. Massage never hurts. Otherwise without an exam it is impossible to give much more advise.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024