Author Topic: Creasing 3mths post op  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
I had surgery 3 months ago, excision and lipo , overall i am quite happy with my results at this stage except for a large crease on my right side. It appeared maybe 2 weeks after surgery. The area around both areolas is still numb so i presume the nerves are still healing up. What are the chances of this improving over the next few months?  Or is it likely i'll need a revision further down the line ? Obviously i hope not. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Creases sometime appear when there has been lots of excess skin and after the underlying supporting tissues have been removed, the skin has nowhere to go so it infolds and appears as a crease.  Since you haven't posted pre-op photos, there is no way to infer that this was true in your case.

In any case, there is nothing to do at this point, when there is lots of healing going on.  Suggest you wait a few more months and then return to your surgeon to discuss.  It may get better within that time frame.

Dr Jacobs 
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Agree with Dr. Jacobs.  The laxity of the skin with the lack of underlying tissue support can cause a crease, but the continued tightening of the skin that occurs after the surgery may lead to improvement in the appearance.  If it doesn't improve adequately over the first year post-operatively, a secondary procedure, such as localized fat grafting might be required.  I advise my patients to wait 9 months to a year before most revisions, so you still have time to allow for improvement.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
If left alone I think that crease will continue. I would have you massage like crazy. All directions. Try to break up the scar beneath the crease. In spite of your best efforts it still might not work. Check with your surgeon.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Doctors thankyou. I will wait, massage and exercise and see how it is in 6 months time. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024