Author Topic: Should I Consider Getting Under The Knife ?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Concerned Person A

Hey!
So about 2 years ago I decided to have a change in life style and since then I lost about 30 KGs. While I do realize that I do look much better, I still am very conscious about the chest area as it is not the desired kind of bulge that I want to have. I just need help to know if I should consider losing even more fat or go for a surgery because I have Gynecomastia.
Help would be much appreciated!

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
It is, of course, up to you, but your chest does not look bad at all. It matches the your body size.  Nothing seems "pronounced" in the photos. However, I do know it may look different to you. I suggest you continue to live with it and see if your attitude changes. Surgery is never fun.

Offline TigerPaws

If you are truly concerned, have an ultrasound performed on your breasts, then you will have a better idea if your breast gland is developing or if you are prone to fatty deposits.
Once you have the answer you will know how better to proceed. Other than that measure yourself, take photo's and wait and see is about all you can do. Jumping into a surgical procedure before you have sufficient facts is fools errand.  

Offline Concerned Person A

Thank you for your input, folks. Yes I don't plan to jump in blindly for the operation, I wanted to make sure if i had a case of gyno or not :/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, you are in the right place and congratulations on your sense of caution.  There are people living very normal lives with much larger breasts and there are people who had less breast enlargement than you but opted for surgery.  There is not one right answer, but only one answer that is right for you and only you can come up with that answer.  

Sometimes, There is a degree of comfort derived simply from the knowledge that you are not alone. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024