Author Topic: Post Surgery Question  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Mitch24

Hi Everyone,
I had liposuction and gynecomastia excision about 8 weeks ago and have a couple of concerns - primarily that both nipples appear puffy again.  I wore compression as directed for 6 weeks and still wear it at night occasionally.  After taking off the garment in the morning, everything looks great, but by evening it looks like I still have gynecomastia, just not as badly.  I was hoping that I could at least wear a tshirt without being self-conscious, so this is a little disheartening.  The weird thing is that at about 4 - 6 weeks after surgery they were totally flat.  There was still some swelling and bruising in the general area, but the nipples themselves were actually flatter than they are today.  Now, it's almost like the rest of the swelling has gone away, but the nipples have returned to their previously puffy state with lumps underneath them.  Interested in getting thoughts from anyone on the forum.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:03:20 AM by Mitch24 »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It's only been 8 weeks since your surgery, so it's too early to judge this as a final result.  However, some men develop scar tissue behind the nipple/areola complex as they heal, and it can occur quite early.  
Be sure to keep your postop appointments with your surgeon and share your concerns with him/her.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024