Author Topic: Gynecomastia in the army  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
Hello im a 18 years old guy and im currently in the army. Ill be 19 years old in the next month and i have gyno only on my right chest for 2 years already. Will it pass away by the time i hit puberty or i will need a surgery?

hammer

It depends on how long you have had it. If it's been a long time, then it's here to stay, but the good news would be that tricare does cover surgery for that, at least there has been some active duty people on the forum that have had it covered.

Good luck
Bob

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
I have it for 2 years already some people say me that it will pass away 

hammer

I don't think it will if it's been 2 years, but only a doctor can confirm that

Offline TigerPaws

hammer is correct, you are pretty much stuck with what you have.

What you need to do is find out why you developed breast tissue in the first place, this should help you discover if your development will continue.

You have two basic choices. Acceptance or Surgery. Either way you need to discover the cause of your development.

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
Its difficult to accept it its so embarassing. I think i will go to a doctor

hammer

It's hard, but not impossible! I had it all my life, served in the Navy 4 years active duty with it E5 (HT2), 7 years Army Reserves 68G20 with it and do to health issues have grown to a 46H size bra to support them as my primary care doctor at the VA suggested!

TigerPaws a lifer Marine ended up getting a huge pair due to prostate problems! And as he says, "adapt and overcome"!

Anything is possible when you set your mind to it! After all, your are a US Soldier, aren't you?

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
No im a greek soldier and its so embarassing because others make fun of it

hammer

Your still a trained solider young man, don't allow yourself to be a victim! Stand up for yourself! 

On another note, while I was in the US NAVY I was in your home land 3 times, and I really liked it!

Offline TigerPaws

Then develop some intestinal fortitude and tell people who say something offensive to "Keep their Damn Mouth zipped".

Complaining achieves nothing, take definitive action and never, ever put up with BS from anyone.

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
Well im trying to it but i want to get of this situation for my self confidence

hammer

Son, self confidence comes from within, not from how you look! Those bumps on your chest are just extra fat, breast tissue and skin! What makes you the man you are is what's in your head and heart, not how your body is shaped!

Offline Stavroscy

• Posting Member
Oh i like your speaking and you give me motivation.. however do you know how much is going to cost me the surgery only on the right chest?

Offline TigerPaws

Oh i like your speaking and you give me motivation.. however do you know how much is going to cost me the surgery only on the right chest?
Ok so it is going to cost you some money, big deal what are you going to do with it? Take your money to the grave with you?

If surgery is your goal that is your choice and all success in the future. Complaining, moaning and griping about the simple fact they you are unhappy with your reflection will get you no where.

Man-up and take control of your life, no one is on this Earth to help you feel good about yourself. If you want a friend get a dog otherwise whatever you decide do so and move on with your life.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
68G?  I was a 68J....  and then a 39CX5......

It's hard, but not impossible! I had it all my life, served in the Navy 4 years active duty with it E5 (HT2), 7 years Army Reserves 68G20 with it and do to health issues have grown to a 46H size bra to support them as my primary care doctor at the VA suggested!

TigerPaws a lifer Marine ended up getting a huge pair due to prostate problems! And as he says, "adapt and overcome"!

Anything is possible when you set your mind to it! After all, your are a US Soldier, aren't you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024