Author Topic: learning to accept my gyno, but still want to mask/conceal it some - help?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
I've got moderate gyno and still prefer to conceal it to a degree that is reasonable.  I accept a certain degree of it to the equivalent of aging and an older man kinda thing.  but i'm still uncomfortable enough to want to mask/conceal it to a degree if I can comfortably. 
I have a few compression shirts, but the problem is that they compress the belly too and that makes me feel sick to my stomach.  I have one from underworks (manshape tank?) that is more of a binder on top and a non compression bottom half, but it's too short and the top part is a strong compression. 
my ideal top would be mild to moderate compression on top and a decently long bottom half that wouldn't rais up too high when you lift your arms. 
otherwise, do you have any advice on choosing shirts and what kinds of shirts to layer to help?  I've seen where wearing an undershirt can help.  also to wear dark tops, tops with a logo on the chest, and checkered/plaid button down shirts.  any advice on whether to wear an oversized vs normal top.  I have a couple of really oversized tshirts which actually seem to not work as well as i'd expected.  thanks so much for any help you have to offer :) 

hammer

I'm 58 and wear a 46H bra for support most of the time and just a good quality tee one size to big no matter if I have a bra on or not. If I want to have more concealment I wear a button down shirt to cover, but I'm usually also covering a shoulder holster too!

People are to busy with their own issues to even notice that you might have any breast tissue at all even when or if your as big as I am, trust me I live with it every day and have for years!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I agree with Hammer. Wear a button down shirt because a t-shirt hides nothing! This is the voice of experience. I am not as big as Hammer being just a humble 46C/D but any "retainer" (bra) I wear with a t-shirt shows two very obvious mounds on my chest that a button down shirt hides very well. True, we may not care, I do not when I am working on the car, but others may not understand and be "taken aback" by what they see. Hammer recommended, some time past, striped button down shirts for concealment. I advice button downs with patch pockets. They work...for a while until growth cannot be disguised. Zei gezunt (be well).

Offline Blousebunnys

I have been keeping my blouse bunnies in check by wearing a bra since 1967. I am a 46D in most bras. The style of bra and outer garments will conceal a lot. I find that sports and t-shirt bras work the best when worn under losser fitting outer shirts. Wear colors instead of white shirts. Avoid white bras. Go with shirts that have a busy pattern instead of solid colors unless you are wearing a bra that closely matches the color of the shirt.
Remember, most people are so wrapped up in their own lives they won't even notice unless you make it obvious.
A bra is just an article of clothing  intended to support breast tissue.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
For me, bras that are "nude" in color with smooth cups are easier to conceal because they are closer to my skin color and so there is no contrast to show through the shirt.  No matter the bra color, they are harder to conceal under T-shirts or golf shirts because of the lumps created by the strap adjusters and the band hooks.  However, those are usually in the back and I can't see the reactions of people behind me.  Out of sight, out of mind so to speak.

aboywithgirls

The amount of concealment that you choose is relative to the amount of comfort that you will enjoy. Meaning that if you bind them down tight, it won't be long before you're very uncomfortable.  However if you put the girls in a well fitted bra, you will probably forget that you're even wearing a bra.  And then you have all points in between. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Outer wear is important too.  Stay away from knits, Woven cloth is better.  Avoid solid colors, Plaids and printed patterns are better.  The exception would be Guyabera shirts, though of solid colors, the vertical trim helps conceal as do the breast pockets if you keep them empty. Dark or saturated colors tend to work better than pale colors.  A shirt with a square cut hem that is meant to be worn out is better than something that is intended to be tucked in.   
Grandpa Dan

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
thanks so much for the help guys - I appreciate it all :).  I don't have any discomfort or pain, so I don't see any need for a bra, i'm just looking for clothes that help conceal and i'll try all the stuff you recommended.  one specific question - I really do enjoy wearing compression shirts, but when they compress the belly too, it can be uncomfortable at times.  I have one shirt that compresses the chest with a looser bottom half that's awesome, but the top is more compressing than i'd like to wear daily and the bottom half isn't long enough unfortunately - anyone know of where to get any shirts like this one that may be available in lighter compression on top and a longer bottom half so it doesn't ride up?  even if no ideas - I greatly appreciate all the help.  when I wear a compression shirt, I feel stronger, more compact and atheletic - just the belly part can get old.  thanks again for all the help :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024