Author Topic: Rock hard lumps in lateral chest still present 6 weeks post (pics)  (Read 1814 times)

Offline orion

• Posting Member
I lipo to my chest without  breast tissue removed almost 6 weeks ago. I still have 2 very hard lumps on either side, right over my rib cage and to the side of my nipple.  These areas were always a bit unusual - extremely hot and bruised post op for a couple weeks.  They haven't changed at all really.  I think they've actually gotten harder.  I have a pic attached.

When aspirated, they were full of bright red clotted blood.  So, not much would come out though, even with an 18g needle...not even 1 cc (pic below).  My surgeon doesn't seem to care much about it, so I had it aspirated by a general surgeon I am friends with, but he didn't want to get too invasive.  My surgeon just says to "wait" and meanwhile I'm just very afraid it can get fibrotic and become permanent somehow.  It's in a bad spot because that's precisely where I wanted (and had) fat taken out, so the edge of my pec muscle could show.

It doesn't look too bad in these photos, but in person it's just like - what was the point of doing my lateral chest if it is going to become hard and lumpy? I believe he might have been extremely aggressive in the lateral chest / arm pit area, leaving more damage to blood vessels.

Anyway, the question is - what can I do to accelerate the resolution of this?  Aspirin and blood thinners seem ineffective because these are mature / dead blood cells that aren't going to respond to that.  I don't know if kenalog can affect this, but my worst nightmare is having this calcify or turn to scar (is that even possible?)  I asked my doctor friend about TPA and he said it was too extreme and doesn't work locally.  But, in theory - I thought it was a good idea.  He thought maybe nitro-bid might help, but it also might make it worse. So, I don't know what to do.

My torso results overall are here: http://imgur.com/a/QmnVs  (couldn't get it small enough for this site)

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I understand your concern but I would follow your gyno surgeon's advise. It is far to early to worry about the final results. You might be able to start some massage. Give it another 3-4 months.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline orion

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Schuster.
I am ok with being patient, and it's the fall / winter after all.  The main fear I have comes from people saying how lumps have turned fibrotic or turned into permanent scar tissue which can never really go away.  Is that really possible or is it just people misinterpreting what is going on with their bodies?  I've read it on RealSelf and other places, but usually docs just say to wait things like this out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024