Author Topic: Rare type of gyno need advice  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
I recently had my 4th gyno excision on both sides. This time the surgeon noticed that it isn't a disc of breast tissue but rather normal chest tissue that is being bundled up by strands of breast tissue. He removed as much of the breast tissue as possible with the hopes of everything flattening out. I am 3 months post op and healing ok. There's still protrusion occurring, nipples are still sore, but I'm remaining hopeful. And FYI I'm not doing or taking anything that contributes to gyno, and I'm very well researched on the topic. I do a blood panel with hormone tests every 3 months and everything is normal.

Doctors, have you seen situations like this before? What the heck is happening?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
No I have never seen this before. The only times I have had recurrence is if I did not remove enough breast tissue because I was worried hat there would be a higher risk of nipple retraction (which is harder to fix). Rarely some excess scar tissue can develop that can add some thickness but this can ususally be improved with steroid injections. I assume that each of your surgeries were performed by experienced gynecomastia surgeons, but the fact that you have need four revisions make me question this.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response. The procedures were carried out by an experienced gyno surgeon, the same surgeon each time. I am going to a follow up appointment in 2 weeks and i will update this thread on what I find out. Right now there appears to be scar tissue build up on the right side but the same bundled up tissue on the left side.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
From his ad:
"About Wayne R. Perron Plastic Surgeon
The friendly plastic surgeon and his team at this clinic located at Calgary in Alberta work with patients to understand their goals and to achieve the best possible results for them. State of the art equipment and facilities are available at the clinic in a comfortable professional environment. All surgical procedures are performed in the accredited operating facility within the clinic. Procedures performed include hair transplantation, the surgical reshaping or augmentation of facial features, the surgical reshaping or augmentation of breasts, male breast reduction, the surgical reshaping of the body of patients and anti aging facial injectables." 
This is not a person who specializes in surgery for Gynecomastia, but someone who does all kinds of cosmetic surgery.  His clinic includes a beauty Salon.    That does not mean that he is incapable, but it does mean that he is doing a lot of different things.    I also discovered some complaints. Again, individually they mean nothing.   Some people have surgery with unrealistic expectations of the results.   But perhaps they should be looked at.   I would think the doctor's nice personality would wear a trifle thin after the fourth surgery.  Most people at this point would be looking for another opinion. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Recurrence is unusual in the absence of some stimulus resulting from ongoing hormonal imbalance, contributory medication, or some other medical problem.  In the absence of these things, "recurrence" is more likely due to under-resection.   Photos might be helpful to better understand your condition and treatment course.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024