Author Topic: Gyno?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline P1TT

• Posting Member
Hi,
I am 31 5' 9" 147lbs. I believe i have gyno and had it since middle school. I have struggled to gain weight for years and anytime i did gain it would go to my chest/thighs. I believe my condition is considered "skinny fat" I have been working out for the past three months in hopes to gain lean muscle and to also shape my chest. I read that you can excersise to shape/diminish gyno as long as it's fat and not glandular? I dont feel any gland in mine so i assume it's fat only. My current workout regimen consist of decline push-ups, chin-ups, squats/calf raises along with resistance bands. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:47:49 AM by P1TT »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to have mild gyno.  You are also very slender -- no further dieting will affect your chest at all.  Building muscle is great -- but all it will do is push out the excess tissue further, since the tissue sits on top of the muscle.

Feeling fat vs gland is a fool's errand -- even the most experienced professional hands cannot fully distinguish between them.

Best recommendation:  consult with an experienced gyne surgeon in your area for an opinion.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:17:04 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would never advise to stop working out -- I am all for it.  I just wanted to dispel any ideas that working out would make your gyne disappear -- it won't.

There are those who, for any number of reasons, elect not to have gyne surgery. Many guys make a mental accommodation with the condition and then go on with their lives.  I would suggest you try to do the same.  If, however, it continues to bother you, then make a concerted effort to work and save money for your procedure -- it would be a gift to yourself.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I have no idea what you mean by skinny fat. I am not saying this to be nasty or a jerk please let me know what you mean by this. A component of what every individual has in his chest is fat (adipose tissue) and gland (glandular breast tissue). The glandular tissue is not altered with weight loss or exercise.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024