Author Topic: Need help with Blood Work to see real reason for my Gyno  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Pain

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone,

I have been living with the Pain of Gynecomastia since my early teens. Possible reason is because I have been on the heavier side since my early childhood.

However I was able to loose massive weight with diet control when I went to college but my gyno still didn't go away... my parents & family doctors brushed this aside saying that this would go away naturally on it own.

But this just socially impaired me in a number of ways & I was depressed & my confidence has suffered massively.

After joining work I gained most of my weight back over last 10 years but my weight keeps fluctuating like the stock markets but the gyno still refuses to go away.

I'm 31 rite now & I just need get this monkey of my chest... literally & I'm also working to loose my weight realistically so that I'm able to sustain my weight in the future. (Currently 214 pounds & in last 6 months have lost 33 pounds)

With regards to solution; as I understand after going through this forum - Surgery is the only option to get rid of Gyno.

Hence I needed someone to help me with my blood work (please see below) to see if all is in order or if any other underlying reason needs to be corrected before I visit a surgeon so that there is no relapse after the Op.

Many thanks,
Pain

Test NameValueUnitsReference Range
ANTI MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY (AMA)8IU/mL<34
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH)1.7μIU/ml0.3-5.5
TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3)91ng/dl60-200
FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE (FT3)2.9pg/ml1.7-4.2
TOTAL THYROXINE (T4)7.1μg/dl4.5-12
FREE THYROXINE (FT4)1.09ng/dl0.7-1.8
FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE (FSH)2.92mIU/ml1.4-18.1
LUTEINISING HORMONE (LH)4.28mIU/ml1.5 - 9.3
PROLACTIN (PRL)15.32ng/ml2.1 - 17.7
TESTOSTERONE433.8ng/dl241 - 827
FREE TESTOSTERONE8.56pg/ml4.25 - 30.37
ESTRADIOL/OESTROGEN (E2)41.7pg/ml0 - 39.8
DHEA - SULPHATE (DHEAS)96.3μg/dl106 – 464
BETA HCG1.2mIU/ml< 10 mIU/ml
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG)37.72nmol/L14.5 - 48.4
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (SGOT )63.3U/l< 37
ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT)45U/l13-40

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
There are some abnormalities seen within the lab report. I cannot give any further advise other than that. I would recommend reviewing this report with an Internist or Endocrinologist.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Pain

• Posting Member
Thank you so much Doctor for your response. Yes I have scheduled an appointment with an Endocrinologist to sort this out before I look at my Gynecomastia issue.

Many thanks,
Brutus

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
As you've observed, there are some slight abnormalities in your lab tests, though none are especially suspect in considering a cause for your gynecomastia, other than the slightly elevated estradiol.  In most men who develop gynecomastia during puberty, the cause is no longer present after puberty is completed, and 95% of the patients who develop the condition at that point will see resolution within a three year period from the time of onset.  Abnormalities later in life may develop, and this can be reflected in laboratory testing, so it's not unreasonable to check the labs, but it's rare to find many abnormalities of significance.  Presuming additional testing doesn't reveal anything significant, you should be safe to undergo correction without fear of recurrence. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024