Author Topic: Women have done all the hard work  (Read 3030 times)

aboywithgirls

Like the subject line says, women have already done all the hard work.
Women have been wearing commercially bras for about 75 years now. During that time, they habe been perfecting different styles and sizes to what is now being worn today.
A recent upswing in the amount of men with gynecomastia has made A lot of men look towards the bra for support. 
I started wearing a bra fulltime over 30 years ago when I was going through puberty. In that time,I have seen a lot of changes in bras. The material has gotten much better. The design and cup shapes are more varied . Because of that, we can enjoy a bra that feels like it was made for us.
Women also learned that it's important to not only try on your bra before you buy, but you have to usually try on several bras to get a proper fitting bra. That's where professional bra fitters come in. There job is to make your that your bra will do it's job.
Guys if you have boobs or breasts that need support, just go out and get fitted. It's the women who don't get fitted that complain about how much they hate wearing a bra. 

hammer

Aboywithgirls is right! And why not call them what they are, breast! Funny thing is, I do believe that many of the bras are designed by male clothing designers, to bad they would design a few for us!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:18:01 PM by hammer »

bikerbob

All I can say is thank God pointy bras went out of style.  I would hate to have to go around looking like Madonna.

aboywithgirls

Aboywithgirls is right! And why not call them what they are, breast! Funny thing is, I do believe that many of the bras are designed my male clothing designers, to bad they would design a few for us!
I know what you mean, hammer. Except for a couple of my sports bras, all my bras have lace, bows, jewels ect. I have black, white and nude color bras. However, I also  blue, red, gray, even a mint green with pin stripes. It really doesn't bother me if it's lacey, frilly, or girly. In our day and age bras are designed primarily for women so they are going to look feminine. And to be honest, on the hot days, I  will almost always be wearing a lace bra. They are very breathable and cuts down on the boob sweat.

hammer

All I can say is thank God pointy bras went out of style.  I would hate to have to go around looking like Madonna.

Actually, one of my newest bras almost has that look! Being a 46H and the great support it gives it looks like "torpedoes straight ahead"! Lol, but I mostly wear that one at home, only!😃, but like I said, GREAT SUPPORT!😁

aboywithgirls

Great support is how I ended up with my girlyest bras. I didn't care how frilly it was. I knew that I was keeping it.
I've always been lucky to find bras that round me out. It's a look that works for me.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have to agree on lacy bras for summer and warmer weather. It does not matter on the frills since they are not going to be seen by anyone. Most of the time I trim the little jewels and bows off anyhow. Like we have stated time and time again...it is for the support that we wear a bra!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I agree with both of you! I like lacey bras with underwire support, they do round you out and look  more feminine when you look in the mirror.  But no one will see it but you and your wife/SO.  Almost any shirt will hide them, where a padded bra can make the smallest of us stand out in a crowd.  
PS. I like padded bras right now because it keep my right side from being so sore.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline SideSet

While some men have moobs, I have boobs,  full and heavy female breasts, with large feminine nipples.  Only certain types of bras work better for moobs.  I am grateful to be able consider the full range of bras in my size, as any woman would.

We find what brands and styles work best for us and we always should try on and get a periodic fitting as our breasts may change with time as mine have.

My experience is that many women have indicated they wish they had breasts like mine, with the only caveat being that maybe mine are too big.  I find that delightful. 

aboywithgirls

Sideset, I can relate to every word. I have had boobs equivalent to my female counterparts since I was 12. I was 16 when I had my first formal fitting . 
Over the years, I've learned what bras work for me. I wear bras like most women my age does. I have a couple sports bras, several everyday bras , a few leisure bra and a couple special occasion and specialty bras. I get fitted. I have mammograms and sonogram annual because of family history .
These are all things that I have chosen to do because I have chosen to keep my breasts. 

Offline SideSet

Yes, ABWG, good breast health is essential

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024