Author Topic: Painful gyno for years now  (Read 966 times)

Offline Birdiesandals

Im 33, and devolved gyno when i was in my 20's due to testosterone use. Lack of knowledge caused this. I tried self medicating with tamoxifen, letrozole, and raloxifene. After years of doing that. I finally saw an endocrinologist 4 year ago. We took blood work and everything was in range but my test was on the low end of the normal range, somewhere around 300. I saw her for almost 2 years and all we did was take new blood work evey 6 months to see what my levels were. She would constantly say we're improving but my numbers were just fluctuating. I got frustrated with her because she was not treating my pain. She thought it would go away over time but it never did.
My primary care doctor gave me a prescription of raloxifene and i tried it for a couple months but it did not help.
The only thing that helps is taking Letrozole and killing my estrogen, the pain subsides but eventually rebounds every time.
I want to get this gyno removed but my surgeon wont operate until my pain is gone.
I dont know what to do anymore.
Advice?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Pain can sometimes be seen with gynecomastia. Similar to women breast tissue is sensitive to caffeine which can increase nodularity and tenderness. Try to reduce your caffeine intake. Also Primrose oil can sometimes help. Check with your own docs before taking any of these.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm a little confused as to why your surgeon wouldn't operate on you because of the pain.  Many of my patients who have used steroids or pro-hormones present with pain among other symptoms, and while I don't guarantee resolution of their pain, I have generally found the surgery is effective at eliminating the pain.  Indeed, pain is one of the surgical indications. You may want to seek out a surgeon who is experienced in care of gynecomastia patients!
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Glandular tissue is frequently painful. In fact pain is a distinguishing feature of glandular tissue. Discomfort is NOT a contraindication for surgery,rather it is an indication for surgery.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024