Author Topic: Am I crazy - Mild Gynecomastia or just excess fat?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline domin0nicco

I know a lot of guys have much more severe gyno - and I don't mean for this post to come across as a "woah is me" type BS.

Am I crazy - Is this mild gyno or just fat or just genetics?

https://imgur.com/a/QiAlBBd

Also in there is an imgur photo of me flexing and pinching all the non-muscle but solid excess.

5'8 guy mid 30s, 150lb, no idea of my body fat (def mid teens though) but I'm toned, 30in waist. Work out and do intense cardio 5-6d a week. Basically...I'm pretty in shape already.

To be honest...my chest is the last place I lose weight (genetics) - but I got crazy sick from mono as a teenager and was in the 120s weight wise....even then, my chest was pretty damn boob-like. My nips were never gyenco like. but I feel my pec muscle underneath when I flex and there is all this solid tissue (not muscle) on the lower pec I can pinch (a good chunk!) - its def more firm than fat. I don't feel lumps like some people say - but I wonder if it is breast tissue? It literally is the driving force that keeps me gym going / on a tight diet: if I don’t, my chest gets bigger and saggier - not my stomach - my chest. I could care less about having abs like some guys do. Which is why I’d dont think it’s body dysmorphia - otherwise I’d be obsessed with looking fit, right? I just want a flat non-boob like chest.

]Always had this insecurity of my chest appearance. Was pretty overweight as an early teen and lost the weight and kept it off - just I never lost the weight from my chest. My pecs have always been rounded and bottom heavy with this creases underneath like breasts, not pecs. And I work in healthcare and trust me, I've seen a LOT of boobs.  I used to joke with my friends I'm a B-cup.

I've thought bench presses would help but made it worse. I looked like I had saggy boobs in all t-shirts. Then I stopped bench press and did only incline to work top pecs but no effect. Then I tried no chest workouts at all to get them to get smaller but it still didn't work. They always have this rounding and armpit rolls like women have, and creases underneath.  Theres never any definition unless I'm crazy dehydrated (best body ever was when I had food poisoning - haha) from intense cardio...just these fold marks. I can never find a t-shirt that fits me well. Just want a flatter chest but not working out. Working out. A boat load of cardio. Neither helps.

I fully accept all criticism, like I said....this post may come across as a "woah is me" post. I realize a lot of other guys have it way worse.

If it is just fat - and surgeons lipo it out - does it create caves when it comes back? (I mean lets be real here. we all gain weight back - and if my genetics seems to add fat to my chest before anywhere else on my body - stomach, legs included - can't fight genetics.)

If you’re at a non-overweight bodyweight - Do the fatty folds/rolls between armpit and pec mean it is Gynecomastia ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:44:28 PM by domin0nicco »

Offline walt

• Gold Member
HI well first off can you get rid of the type/font info in your posts it kind of lends to a not so good read. that being said, a few pix would help the issue so it can be determined as to what you have ! Most of us in this forum have been dealing with varying states of breast development for as long as we can remember, lots of help is here , don't be afrais to speak out .Be Well. Walt

hammer

I agree with Walt! Clean up your post before you actually post it! 

As far as I'm concerned you look like you have well developed pictorial muscle! In my younger days we worked hard to develop them!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As a boy I learned to set type and as a teen I became a Linotype machine operator.   Changing font so often to accent thins is bad form.  It tends to diminish the entire text.  And as you can see, on a computer it can sometimes make the text nearly impossible to read.
Obviously not many people still set type by hand like I did as a boy, and the last Linotype Machine I saw was in a museum. 
But, I did wade through all that and tried to read your message. 
I was not fat either, I was 5'9" and weighed 135 pounds when I enlisted in the Air Force.  At the time I was heavier than I had ever been before.   It was so damn long ago that in the Air Force, we were still wearing Army Khaki summer uniforms.  Fortunately the uniforms were of heavy cloth and heavily starched.  They did not show off the breasts that I had acquired when I was about 12 years old.  
There have been times when this was a source of embarrassment, but I never had any other problems as a result of their presence.   Back then we realized that a certain number of males had this condition so it was simply not a big deal.   
Grandpa Dan

Offline domin0nicco

Hi,

Fixed the message. Super weird because I even read my post after posting and it looked normal. That’s what I get for typing it out in google docs and copy pasting. Oh well.

Apologies for the super odd format. I went through and corrected via my phone. For some odd reason, my computer stopped recognizing this site and formats it super weird.

Thanks in advance for the input and attention to my unintended font changes.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
I would say you have some gland but dont stress over it cause you looking OK

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
As far as I'm concerned you look like you have well developed pictorial muscle! In my younger days we worked hard to develop them!

Seen a lot of posts of yours where you talk about pictorial muscles. they are pectoral muscles not pictorial, haha. Pictorial is regarding pictures. Just saying!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:15:41 PM by Cristalis »

hammer

Seen a lot of posts of yours where you talk about pictorial muscles. ts pectoral muscles not pictorial, haha. Pictorial is regarding pictures. Just saying!

Truth be told, I was using voice to typing many times as spelling IS my worst subject! Sorry, but at 28 I had a hell of a built,  like a body builder and I never went inside a gym nor did i have a set of weights! It was from being a summertime farm boy and a comstruction worker and heath problems changed all that!

When I see all these young men posting their pictures, yes some have true gynecomastia but others look like they have been developing their "pectoral muscle" sorry for the miss spelling!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:46:26 PM by hammer »

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
I know what you mean, god damn health problems! I like to push weight too, always did. Im past 40 now and last year i developed some rotator cuff problems and after a few good months my shoulder still hurts and cant workout.

Its so frustrating to see how things can change from day to day!

hammer

I know what you mean, god damn health problems! I like to push weight too, always did. Im past 40 now and last year i developed some rotator cuff problems and after a few good months my shoulder still hurts and cant workout.

Its so frustrating to see how things can change from day to day!

I had to go on disability at 40, both knees replaced in my late 40's total of the of 4 back surgeries now and I'll be 61 on January 22nd, but I've had a grand total of 9 surgeries due to health issues! However, we still need to look at the good things! I do my best to still enjoy the gifts that I have as I've got some little grandkids that love their grandpa and I've got a lot to teach them! So I do the best to take care of myself for them and a wonderful wife and family!

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Good to hear you have a lovely family. I dont have kids, unfortunately i suffer from severe social anxietys and because of my anxietys that render me unable to do things i would love  i developed bad depression too and i didnt wanted my childrens to possibly inherit my illness and to suffer like i do. This life robbed me of many dreams i had/have. Im truly happy for you that you have something to hang on and to be happy even if you have gone through much pain.

Oh excuse my spelling or wrong grammar, i corrected you regarding the pictorials/pectorals but my English is not my native language.

hammer

Good to hear you have a lovely family. I dont have kids, unfortunately i suffer from severe social anxietys and because of my anxietys that render me unable to do things i would love  i developed bad depression too and i didnt wanted my childrens to possibly inherit my illness and to suffer like i do. This life robbed me of many dreams i had/have. Im truly happy for you that you have something to hang on and to be happy even if you have gone through much pain.

Oh excuse my spelling or wrong grammar, i corrected you regarding the pictorials/pectorals but my English is not my native language.

I saw your mistakes and figured that, you must tell where you are from as I have been all around the world thanks to the US Navy!

I'm am truly sorry about your situation! I grew up with gynecomastia up I never let it bother me! I always had a very positive attitude but I guess that I was lucky for that! I hope that one day things will turn around for you and there will be a new experience of life for you to live, one that I have!

I hope that things do change soon!

Bob

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Nice that you had a chance to see many parts of the world, im from Romania, ex commie country, bad place to grew up in, even now this country is a wreck. People have been emigrating from here like nuts, young people are working abroad to make a better living. I too should have left, but again......my anxietys.

hammer

Nice that you had a chance to see many parts of the world, im from Romania, ex commie country, bad place to grew up in, even now this country is a wreck. People have been emigrating from here like nuts, young people are working abroad to make a better living. I too should have left, but again......my anxietys.

I have not been to Romania, however I have been in the black sea! We were there sometime around 1981 or so. I was very interesting going up through the Turkish Straights and seeing Istanbul!

My father's side comes from Poland and my mothers from Germany and they both were the first to marry outside of their nationality, but I am third generation to be born here in the states!

Once again, I am sorry about your situation my friend! I wish for you all the best and that all will change for you!

Bob

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Thanks Bob, all the best wishes for you too!

P.S. I have been to Instanbul too, its now a long time ago, need to visit again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024