Author Topic: SAL of Abdomen and Question--Dr. B-  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
Dr. B,

I am scheduled to have my gyne surgery in December.  I also scheduled to have SAL to my abdomen.  I am a little concerned that the SAL could damage one of my organs.  My suregons has wonderful credential but I am reading about they can damage an organ when suctioning the fat.  Should I be concerned about this?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 04:55:45 AM by Marq25 »

DrBermant

Dr. B,

I am scheduled to have my gyne surgery in December.  I also scheduled to have SAL to my abdomen.  I am a little concerned that the SAL could damage one of my organs.  My suregons has wonderful credential but I am reading about they can damage an organ when suctioning the fat.  Should I be concerned about this?

Liposuction to the abdomen is only for the layer between the skin and the muscle fascia abdominal wall.  Putting the cannula inside the abdomal wall can be very dangerous and can result in much harm.  Hernias can also be a problem for injury of abdominal contents.  Picking your surgeon carefully is very important to minimize the risks of surgery.  We discuss such issues with our patients during their consultations.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
So, I am thinking that I shouldn't be too concerned since my surgeon will not be anywhere near my organs?  He is just planning to get the fat under the skin.  What do you think Dr. B-?  I would have come to you for this procedure; however, your office is way to far for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024