Author Topic: Mild to moderate Gyne?  (Read 2619 times)

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
Firstly, thanks to all those who contribute here. Reading other guys experiences has helped me quite a lot, so I thought I'd share something of mine in case it helps anyone else who comes here. I'm in my early 50s and over the last 6 weeks have noticed that I have rather floppy breasts with some firm tissue in each - about 2 inches of movement up and down, and a lump 4 inches long). I'm not sure I'm anxious but I have got rather obsessed about them, and I've spent quite a bit time of reading this forum, quora and ABTF, which is enough to suggest that it's got into my head a bit.

So far the most distressing part is the weird feeling of them jiggling or wobbling when I walk or go up or down stairs and I find that wearing a bra gives me some comfort (a sense of self-care?) and a bit of confidence. Having brought two or three bras from M&S, none of which quite seemed to do the trick I went to a major London department store two weeks ago for a fitting and was soooo grateful for the kind young lady who looked after me and sent me away with 3 new bras (two everyday and one sports to begin with). (I decided that it would be better spending the money once and getting something I was happy with rather than buying a number in a random fashion and not being happy with any of them.)

I'm pretty sure that it's idiopathic as I'm hitting the right age and there aren't any other warning signs. I'm no where near bothered enough by them to want to resort to surgery or strong drugs (in fact for the moment I sort of enjoy the novelty and learning about them). None the less I've booked to see my GP in two weeks time as I'd feel pretty silly if there was something significant underlying it and i'd not got it checked. I'll post any updates to this thread.

I'm 5'6", 142lbs, and wearing bras size 32C & 34B.

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
Brief update. Saw GP who ordered full set of blood tests. All came back fine. However she's going to make a non-urgent referral to the Endocrinologist to see if they can cast any more light on any possible underlying cause.

hammer

Sounds like the right way to go next!

I can't remember, did you say if you were on any meds that may cause enlargement? 

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
Sounds like the right way to go next!

I can't remember, did you say if you were on any meds that may cause enlargement?
No: none. General health is pretty decent.

Offline blad

It sounds like you will be more comfortable in a bra, as I found I am.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
It sounds like you will be more comfortable in a bra, as I found I am.
Indeed. Got used to wearing one pretty much all the time now (except in bed). It was very reassuring that the endocrinologist thought it worth doing if it was more comfortable, even though it was not a common strategy, and a better strategy for me than surgery.

Offline SideSet

So good that you are now wearing a bra.  Have you gotten to the point where as you get dressed in the morning, it is not whether you would put on a bra, but which of your bras you will wear that day,  and you choose according to what you’re going to be doing, what you’re going to be wearing, and, yes, your mood? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024