Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 812 times)

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
Hi, I have already posted in the user photos thread, but I do need the observations of a medical professionals.

I have been conscious on and off over the years that I do have man boobs and I when I look back at some photos my man boobs are quite obvious under the Tshirt, my weight has varied between 13 and 16 stone, I'm currently 15 stone but my man boobs remain the. Recently however I have started to notice more uncomfortable bounce when doing mundane things like going up or down stairs, and I avoid the treadmill at the gym as the bounce has become near unbearable. 
There's are no folds or anything like that and not totally sagging, they just seem to hang there, because I've never been significantly over weight for height I'm not convinced that this is all down to excess fat.
Very recently my wife was diagnosed with high grade lymphoma and that has been the impetus to see if my man boobs are normal for a 45 year old man, or if could be actually be gynecomastia. 
Any observations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are overweight and also appear to have gynecomastia.  Losing some weight may help to decrease your gynecomastia slightly -- but it would never disappear completely except with surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
I've been to my GP today who focussed on the weight despite the fact I know from experience of being slimmer that they were still pretty much the same, so I'm going to have hormone levels blood test and take it from there, but thank you for your reply and accept your observations that loosing weight alone will not address this.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Jacobs.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024