Author Topic: After 1 year, finally accepting what i might have.  (Read 1936 times)

Offline thyroidproblems

been watching and reading in this forum for about a year now and after loosing some weight, have noticed that my chest has not been getting any smaller.  I have yet to get eval from doctor for not knowing what tests they do to verify gyno.  Have noticed more tissue than i ever had which makes them appear fuller.. I am a larger guy but have worked hard to drop 25# already which isn't easy after having thyroid cancer 15 yrs ago.. I am about to the point where i am considering wearing bras but wondering what my next steps should be. Someone with any advise for me?  Would be much appreciated.. Thanks

Offline Johndoe1

If you are seriously considering wearing support, you will want to get a measurement to see what size you might be. Go to this webpage and follow the instructions for the best chance of getting a good measurement. Try both AMAB and AFAB to see what the difference in measurements are.

https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
My story is rather similar to yours, minus the thyroid cancer.  Guess the first question is, why are you considering a bra?  Discomfort from them bouncing around?  Sensitive nipples?  This, along with your size, will help determine what bras will work for you.  One of the things I've learned over the past couple months is just how many different types of bras there are.  underwire, wirefree, tshirt, sports, leisure, etc.  Of course, what you're comfortable wearing, not just physical, but mentally as well, will also be a factor.  I don't wear underwire because I don't like how they make my breasts look bigger.  Others here swear by them.  Do what you're comfortable with and what works for you.  You'll probably just have to experiment a little to figure out what that is.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I tried measuring my self but I could never get the tape measure  perfectly straight across my back.  So after reading about get it done by someone that new how I called up a high end department store and ask first it the did measurement and after I got a yes I ask them if the would measure a man and they said yea so I plucked up the courage to make an appointment and they said come on in.  They did it in a very welcoming manner and brought me some  bras to try on and I walked out of the store wearing one of them.  I used Dilliards but there are a lot of other stores that can help you and I am sure there are others here that point you in the right direction.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline SideSet

You should go in for a bra fitting. They will be very understanding. If you feel uncomfortable, you can call ahead. They will measure you, Ask what you were looking for in a bra, and make suggestions about what might work for you. Then you can try on and buy, and even wear out of the store  

Offline blad

Sales associates are almost always very helpful in finding a bra to fit ones gyno.

Once you have a well fitting bra it is easier to evaluate if that is the solution for you.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

I had gynecomastia since puberty. My boobs developed like the girls my age did except I had bigger boobs than most of the girls. They were large enough that my mother had me start wearing a bra. I was a 34C when I was 16.

I also had a thyroidectomy 8 years ago as a result of cancer. I went from a DD to an H cup in a matter of 5 years. The girls at the local boutique couldn't believe how much I was developing. I also ended up with a round feminine bottom and broad hips. 

I get all of my clothes from the the women's department or clothing store. I really can get anything that fits from the men's store. 

It's ok to wear a bra. If you have breasts that can fill the cups, you really should be wearing a bra. You will find that you look and feel better. If you like the beach, there are lots of great options with a tankini top that gives you coverage and support. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024