Author Topic: Good option I found to hide small-ish breasts  (Read 1774 times)

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Hello everyone, while my acute B/C- breast condition has long since subsided, my experience to date has still had me looking for an adequate garment-based solution that would help me to hide the remainder of "what God gave me".

After yet some more googling, I took a chance on the "Oalka Women's Racerback Sports" bra from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0731CTJLZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am sharing this because for me, this garment is as close to "perfect" as I have found.  So much so that I have thrown out everything but my Spanx and Underworks "men's compression tops", since their value is unmatched when a proper white shirt and tie scenario arises.  Having the full-length undergarment on is a big deal for me when it will be visible.

These Oalka bras are great.  My underbust/ribcage is 40", my male garment "chest size" is 42", my female garment "bust size" is down to A.  The Oalka bra "XL" size is what fits me.

Compared to everything else I've tried over the past year, these bras do an excellent job of compressing my smallish breasts without causing significant underarm pain, which has been my biggest problem with female garments. I haven't had any problems with them "riding up" and pushing out my breasts making them look more feminine, and while they are definitely not cotton, I mowed the lawn in my black one over the weekend in 92 degree heat, and it didn't cause me any heat-related discomfort at all.

Before this, my best bra-based options where the Champion "Infinity" sports bra, which was just too tight for extended use and has very bulky seams and straps that showed under absolutely everything, and the Champion C9 sports bra available from Target, which was just to tight for extended use (and the up-size was too big).

I'm certainly no expert here, but my best results occurred when wearing the bra(s) overnight after it was a touch damp from being washed.  The underarm seam(s) stretched enough (permanently?) to be comfortable and now look like the seam stretches on my wife's sports bras (34DDD).  I've been washing these in a mesh garment bag and hang-drying them. There are no care instructions on the tag at all, you have to make your own choices I guess, so I erred on the side of caution.

Anyway, for you guys out here with AA/A/B- cups and are still looking to just hide it, and if you are married have a wife/sigoth that isn't going to get all bent out of shape on you, I highly recommend dumping $15 or so on one of these to see how it works for you.

Have a wonderful evening,

brock123

Offline Johndoe1

Congratulations on finding a solution that works for you. They are out there if you look hard enough.

While not a solution for everyone, the best way to check your size is a method that uses 6 measurements. They are Loose Underbust, Snug Underbust, Tight Underbust, Standing Bust, Leaning Bust, Lying Bust. You can plug those into https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php This can give you a starting point. Knowing the shape of your breasts also helps. https://trueandco.com/types-of-boobs
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Congratulations on finding a bra that fits and works well for you. When you have boobs, you have to take care of them.

One thing that I might add about care of your sports bras. I usually just take my sports bras in the shower with me. I hand wash them with body wash, wring them out and hang them to dry right in the shower, ready to go the next morning. 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
aboywithgirls, I'll definitely try that to see if it helps "form-fit" them a bit more for me, the pro tip is absolutely appreciated my friend.  So far outside of the "first wear" horror these have been extremely comfortable and haven't yet lost any compression/appearance performance in my opinion.

I probably wouldn't go out in a T-Shirt wearing one of these (as if I've worn one of those in 30 years), but under a button-down I swear this is as close to an ideal solution as I've found to date :) 

Not sure how these would fare in the pool yet, but I'm not confident that they would help eliminate the mandatory "shirt pull" every time I come up for air, per-se. If I ever find a solution to that, I'll certainly post my opinion(s) on the matter.

Stay safe everyone!

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
I got some along that line, a no-name Chinese brand but same idea, to ride bike in, but then they became nearly my favorite to go out in public in when I'm wearing normal street clothes.  They hide pretty well.  I got some much more expensive ones (the Jockey Modern Micro, the non-cami-strap type) in the process that initially I thought I liked more, but as my breast grew, those became less comfortable as they kind of squash the breast down.  The cheaper Chinese ones give more room in the cup area, even though they don't have a separate cup sewn in.  Since they're so cheap they could almost put them in a cereal box (if you could choose the size), I've gotten six.

Various companies' cup sizes seem to be all over the map in small cup sizes.  I don't know what the secret is except to just try them on.  At the extreme, one manufacturer's AA seems to be as big as another manufacturer's C in projection.  Unfortunately there aren't very many companies making small-cup bras in men's larger band sizes.  I hope to never have any need to be interested in a C, but I wish all the most comfortable "models" ("styles?"  What's the right term?) were available in the small cups and larger bands.

I just got an Amoena which I really, really like; but it very definitely screams "Bra!", so I probably won't be wearing it out of the house until the weather cools and I can wear clothing that hides it better.

aboywithgirls

A bra is a mixture of function and fashion. We are mostly concerned with the functionality of our bras. I will admit that for myself I also like the fashion side of my bras.

I wear underwire bras exclusively out of the house. I do wear leisure bras if I'm lounging or sleeping. I don't need as much support so a leisure style and they are comfortable  as long as I don't do a lot of stairs LOL! 

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Congratulations on finding a solution that works for you. They are out there if you look hard enough.

While not a solution for everyone, the best way to check your size is a method that uses 6 measurements. They are Loose Underbust, Snug Underbust, Tight Underbust, Standing Bust, Leaning Bust, Lying Bust. You can plug those into https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php This can give you a starting point. Knowing the shape of your breasts also helps. https://trueandco.com/types-of-boobs
I was a little surprised that the calculator had me go with a tight underbust.  I've always thought I was a 42B, but the calculator had me at a 40C.  The types of boobs link was very helpful.  I used the information to get a new underwire softcup bra.  Decided to go with a 40B.  A little tight on the band.  Probably should've gone for a 42.  But the B cup is perfect.  I fill the cups perfectly, unfortunately.  The leisure bras (even the one with an underwire bra) helped minimize the breasts, whereas this one makes them undeniable.  Never thought a B cup could look so big, let alone on me.  It's definitely not something I will wear in public, but that's not why I bought it.  After feeling like my breasts had been getting bigger, I wanted something to help me judge if my breasts are indeed getting bigger, or if it's just an illusion caused by more weight loss (finally got past that plateau.)  
So anyways, thanks for the links.

Offline Johndoe1

After a couple of wearings and a wash, I think you will see it stretch out a little and it will be more comfortable. Remember, its the band that is doing 80% of the support and without it being tight, you wont get the support you are looking for. If you look at women, you can see that they wear their bras pretty tight around the chest. Enough to make a pretty good outline of compression in the skin. And over time, you will forget you are even wearing a bra most of the time.

The calculator has me at a 42C and a 42 band doesn't give me any support at all. It takes a 36 or 38 band to give me the support I need. I am so used to the tightness now that when my bras are worn out, it's very obvious to me as the tightness is not there and it doesn't feel right and I don't look the same.

Offline blad

The band does need to be fairly snug for good support. But it is surprising how you forget you are even wearing a bra if overall it is a good fit and giving you the support you are looking for. I am much more aware if I am not wearing a bra and feel the movement of my breasts.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

I will chime in on the band fit as well. 

I was just fitted 2 days ago at a reputable bra boutique. They do mostly bras and some panties. If you're looking for a bra that fits almost any size, they will have it.

The fitter reccomended that I get refitted because I hadn't been fitted in almost a year. She had me in a 38G. While it was comfortable, I knew it was too loose. I told her my concerns and she agreed that I should probably stick with a 36H because my cup size requires a more snug band for support. 

Offline Johndoe1

Just to add, women will look at the cup size first and then the band. It is actually the other way around. The letter size hangs them up. "I can't be a (32)F! I am a (36)C! I am not that big!" That's also why 80% of women wear the wrong size bra. That's why I am a 36DDD/38DD and not a 42C even though it is the same cup size in all three bras.

To get a properly fitting bra, you should get the band size correct first and then fit the cups. And the letter shouldn't matter. Women either forget or do not understand the letter is a ratio of the band to cup size, not a size, even though we all refer to it as a size by itself. DD cup really doesn't mean anything without the band size. 38DD gives a size of the amount of tissue. This is where the "sister size" thing comes in. A 32D is NOT the same cup volume as a 38D. A 38D cup is the same cup volume as a 32F. That is how sister sizing works. For each one size decrease in band size, the cup increases one cup size to maintain the same cup volume and vis-a-versa. A 40C is the same cup size as a 38D and a 42B. Proper cup size will encase the entire breast without having wrinkles or gaping between the skin and cup on top of the cup or the bottom of the cup while not constricting the breast but will support and lift the breast and give some shaping of the breast depending on the style and cup of the bra. Breast tissue goes back farther than you think. That is why the back of the underwire wraps around the rib cage and sits about halfway under your arm pits to completely encase all of the breast tissue. For comfort and appearance, you have to fully encase that side tissue in the cup as well or you will have pain under the armpits where the wrong size wire will be sitting on top of the tissue and not encasing it. That's why it is so important to swoop and scoop when you put on your bra to be sure you get all that tissue in the cup for comfort and appearance, ie. no bulges on the side. That's one of the reasons why your band size is smaller and your cup size is larger. You should be able to feel the breast sitting in the cup, but it shouldn't be uncomfortable, but you should be able to feel the bra supporting. If not, the bra is not the correct size and isn't fitting correctly. A correctly fitting bra should not be uncomfortable, but you are aware you are wearing it like socks or a watch and eventually over the day you find you have forgotten you have it on but it is there doing its job. To me, that's when I am in my zen of bra wearing. Things are in balance; support and appearance verses awareness. These are the times when it feels like I have no breasts at all. That's when I "enjoy" wearing a bra. That's why I wear a bra.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
The band does need to be fairly snug for good support. But it is surprising how you forget you are even wearing a bra if overall it is a good fit and giving you the support you are looking for. I am much more aware if I am not wearing a bra and feel the movement of my breasts.
Blad, I agree about the band.    While I’ve been wearing a bra for only 7 months, I’ve found that I’m more comfortable when the band is very snug.   I don’t feel restricted at all.    I’m a 42 B/C and very aware of my breast movement  when I’m not wearing a bra.   Also, over time, I’ll be switching to primarily wearing underwire, unlined bras over cotton non wired bras.   The support of underwire is more comfortable for me.  

aboywithgirls

Curiousk,

You will love your underwire bras. They are so much better! Being a 42C, you will definitely reap the benefits of an underwire bra.

An underwire offers so much better support  and shaping that a soft cup. As the breast usually extends back to the arm pit, an underwire gets that breast tissue out from there. 

I was just fitted with a Fit Fully Yours underwire. I love the shape it provides with a nice rounded look.

Let me know if you're looking for any reccomendations.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I already have 3 underwire bras already and will purchase more in the future.  I do have a couple of styles that work well for me.   I love the support and the shape I get from it.   Being a large B/small C, when I go braless, I totally feel how much my boobs move.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024